Polar HRM??

From what I have read, it looks like getting a Polar is the right way to go for a HRM. My question is which one do I get? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I went with the FT7, personally but I think you can get slightly cheaper ones that are nice as well. Oh yeah I should edit to say I love mine :bigsmile:
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    I got the FT 4---LOVE it!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    I got FT4 - good starter ... easy to use.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    I love my Polar...I have the FT7.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    FT4 is the entry level one. If you want slightly more accurate go FT7, it includes VO2 max. From there the higher the number the more bells and whistles.
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    I have the polar FT4 and I love it! Found it on Amazon for less the $60. I like it because it saves all your data, shows if your heart rate is in the zone, tells how many calories burned and how long you worked out for. Plus it is cute and not big and bulky.
  • Love the FT7! To be honest, I was going to get the FT4 and somehow the FT7 was cheaper on amazon...and I'm happy I have gone with it. To start out with I was only interested in calories burned...but since my fitness journey has evolved that are a few more settings that are on the FT7 than the FT4 which are helpful, plus, you are able to store your info and upload it to your computer which is helpful
  • Jasnbeck98
    Jasnbeck98 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks everyone! I was also wondering if the FT40 and FT60 are that much better than the FT7.
  • Hi, I’ve gone for the FT40(F) – all singing/all dancing HRM. Cost a small fortune (not as much as others) but looks so worth it (only just ordered, waiting for it to arrive). Afraid I’ve not tried FT7 but have another HRM, very basic, and realised I needed to ‘upgrade’.

You’ve probably read the FT40(F) spec so you’ll know what it can do. I like the idea of knowing which zone I’m in: fat burning (very important!) or cardio and having it work out difficult stuff like resting/max HR zone.

I can post another reply once tried out - interested? Guess it depends on what you’re looking for from your HRM. Happy shopping!
  • Jasnbeck98
    That would be great!
  • Jasnbeck98
    That would be great!
  • Ok will do. It’s been dispatched, hopefully arrive soon.
  • @Jasnbeck98: hi, just to say, not forgotten. HRM arrived yesterday. Will post thoughts tomorrow, just need to do fit test (first thing in the morning, whilst calm).
  • Jasnbeck98
    @Jasnbeck98: hi, just to say, not forgotten. HRM arrived yesterday. Will post thoughts tomorrow, just need to do fit test (first thing in the morning, whilst calm).

Thanks!
  • Hi 'Jasnbeck98'

As promised, here’s thoughts on FT40. One word: brilliant.

Easy to set up and use. Manual’s easy to understand. There’s FAQs on Polar's website for more info, if need be. The nifty fit test determines fitness zones (fat burning/cardio) and tells you how many calories you’ve burnt in each. Data is kept for 50 training entries.

Re. ownindex (quite a few posts about this), looks like it might be possible (though not tried) to enter VO2 manually, as opposed to the HRM determining for you.

All in all, I'm pleased I got it, it will help me train. It comes down to what you’re looking for from your HRM. Good luck deciding! :happy:
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 228 Member
    Are u able to tell from the ft4 what zone u r in ie fat burn or is that just the ft7 or above ?
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    Hi 'Jasnbeck98'

As promised, here’s thoughts on FT40. One word: brilliant.

Easy to set up and use. Manual’s easy to understand. There’s FAQs on Polar's website for more info, if need be. The nifty fit test determines fitness zones (fat burning/cardio) and tells you how many calories you’ve burnt in each. Data is kept for 50 training entries.

Re. ownindex (quite a few posts about this), looks like it might be possible (though not tried) to enter VO2 manually, as opposed to the HRM determining for you.

All in all, I'm pleased I got it, it will help me train. It comes down to what you’re looking for from your HRM. Good luck deciding! :happy:

I heard it also does your workout for you? Is this true? :)
  • Ha, ha, if only! :-)

@imustbegood: I think, though not sure, its the ft7 upwards that gives the zones. I don’t know about the ft4: maybe someone who has one could comment?
  • Jasnbeck98
    @ Unfitunhealthy....thanks for the info. I did decide to get the FT40. It actually got here quite quick..I already have it. So far it seems to be pretty easy to use. Thanks again for the comments on it.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    I have the FT40 and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! You should go to their website and look at the chart of the differences between all of the models.