90 Pounds to lose and very little support

Options
blnetsova
blnetsova Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,

This is my... I've lost count how many times I've restarted this. But something is different this time, I can feel it.

I need to lose about 90 pounds. I haven't officially weighed in yet, as my scale needs a new battery, but based on what I was a few months ago, I know generally.

Anyway, I really REALLY could use support. Other than my husband, I have NO ONE around me to encourage and lean on. My sweet husband--bless his heart--is very supportive, but he has never once struggled with weight issues. He's the type who can eat a whole pizza and not gain a pound. Not fair, I know.

My family is very unhealthy and has no interest in changing their habits. So i really have no one who can empathize in the struggle. Please, friend me, support me, and I promise I'll be there for you too. I know how hard this is. I've been at this for 15 years and I've had enough. The time is NOW. I just need help.

Thanks,
Bethany

Replies

• emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Bethany! You’re more than welcome to add me as a friend. I have an open diary and post regularly. I love support and supporting others in their journey is an important part of this process.

In Dec 2016 I started losing and last year I lost a total of 62lbs. Then some crap happened, now I’m up a few pounds and slowly getting back into things.

SW: 270lbs
    CW: 213lbs
    CGW: 199lbs
    UGW: 160lbs~ish
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I really recommend the Fat2Fit Challenge. You are placed on a team and automatically have a dozen teammates on your side. It's really helpful and fun--May just started it may be too late (try anyway) but June isn't far off.
  • Pamelto
    Pamelto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat with the multiple restarts..I've also got a good amount to lose with little support. Maybe we could help each other!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I started with similar goals and until today no one except my husband even knew I was changing. And the only weight struggle he has ever faced is trying to put some on. And the person I told today lives on the other coast.

Frankly, it cuts out a lot of the noise. No one gives me unsolicited advice, no one tries to tell me I don't need to do it, etc. No one said a word when I ate the lasagna, but left the actual noodles behind.

It also helps with personal responsibility. I can't say I didn't go workout because my partner stood me up. I can't fall off the wagon because of my friend. I just do my thing and get on with it.
  • cindysho
    cindysho Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have recently “restarted” too! We all need encouragement!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You've 80 million of us supporting you.
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat - restarted today for what feels like the hundredth time, and also have a hubby with a crazy metabolism who never gains weight no matter what he eats. I've added you!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi hun,
    Best of luck to you! I lost just over 70# here with not much support from anyone, BUT! The people here are fantastic, if you find the right ones. It may take a while, but you will find plenty of support here at MFP. I know, it is not the same as someone at home or in the family or even in the neighborhood. I have been here for over 3 years and have found a wonderful bunch of supportive friends.
    Oh, I have been on maintenance for over two years. I do not log any more. However, if you need a cheerleader, you may add me.
    Still trying to get my husband to join me, but...
    mk
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This isn't my first rodeo either, and all I've been doing is gaining so I have more than 100lbs to lose! I "restarted" yesterday, and I'm always happy to have new friends! If we all stick together, we can definitely do this!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi - I’ve lost 60 kg (I think that’s 130 pounds) and have about the same amount still to lose. I’m determined to succeed this time. I love this app and check in each day. Feel free to add me.