Meal Prep

Options
tnayda1011
tnayda1011 Posts: 1 Member
So my husband and I have decided to make a change in our lifestyle. With out busy schedule I feel like meal prepping could definitely benefit us when we're on the go.

Share you favorite recipes. I'm excited to start this journey but I'm not entirely sure on how to begin.

Replies

• drea4038
    drea4038 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is from an old thread but still my favorite meal prep resources.
    dklibert wrote: »
    There are a few YouTube channels I follow for meal prep. The Fit Couple Cooks, The Domestic Geek, Flavor City with Bobby Parrish, Mind Over Munch, and Fit Men Cook. They have the best ideas. The Fit Couple Cooks prepares a meal each week. The Domestic Geek plans several dishes that can be used through out the week. Her Baked oatmeal is great! Love her sheet pan meals too.

Domestic Geek: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLziprGSUFGYRTyyekMqcBiYsTJCwR6Q3X
    Fit Couple Cooks:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCawxenzFyo_0rzpzejVHK1w

I also use mason jars for salads, microwave egg scrambles, yogurt/granola, veggies/dip, snacks and such. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/p/masonables.html

Pinterest is loaded with meal prep ideas too. I made a geek inspired meal prep that was great. I also did a spring roll bowl so good.
    eazypeazymealz.com/greek-chicken-bowls-meal-prep-easy/
    skinnytaste.com/spiralized-summer-roll-bowls-with-hoisin-peanut-sauce/

I hope this helps. :)
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping is a huge obstacle for me so I try to keep it simple. For me, chopping and fixing vegetables always take the longest so I use a lot of vegetables that don’t require any prepping, and when I do, I like to buy it already done. Like riced cauliflower, cubed butternut squash, diced yellow onions, canned artichoke, shredded cabbage (bag of cole slaw mix)...all I get within the produce/freezer section. It tremendously cuts down on prep time. I think it’s more expensive, but I don’t think it’s ridiculously so and if I don’t do it, I just end up eating crap or fast food because I hate chopping and dicing.

Doing this, I can quickly throw together a vegetable omelette or salad with a side of meat with a simple seasoning. I make soup weekly to last throughout the week because I can cram a ton of veggies in it while having great flavor and it’s extremely quick to prep. I throw in a bag of frozen zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, peas, broccoli and also put in like riced cauliflower, the cole slaw mix, onions, and minced garlic.
  • dawnaugustyn
    dawnaugustyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CleanFoodCrush has lots of food prep ideas.

https://cleanfoodcrush.com/category/food-prep/

• JLauterb25
    JLauterb25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    On Sunday we prep 3 costco bags of frozen shrimp and 6 chicken breasts, 2 bags of brown rice, 3 bags of frozen cubed sweet potato or stir fry veggie mix depending on the week, open 3-4 cans of black beans, and my husband makes a giant bowl of fresh pico de gallo. Out of that we make shrimp salads, shrimp or chicken bowls, and chicken and veggie meals for 5 days. That covers lunches and dinners for both of us. I make my own fajita seasoning that I use to prep the shrimp and I change up the chicken seasoning depending on how we are feeling that week. It takes us about 2 hours to prep but then it's done. For us, keeping it simple is the key. We also track macros so it makes it easier to weigh everything as we put it in the bowl and not worry about it every day.
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’m currently a student and meal prep here and there but it is very helpful when I do. It helps with portion control and I don’t have to stress about food. It’s also a time saver. Here’s what I meal prepped for the week for School minus breakfast and dinner. This morning I had a banana and my coffee.
    The stuff in the center of the veggies is hummus and in the plastic bag is raspberries.
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well..there’s supposed to be a photo attached