Exercise tool - Anyone else do this?

Options
I find that if I enter the exercises into my Exercise Diary before I do them it helps me be motivated to do them when I get off of work. I love to see all the calories it is possible to burn by doing simple cardio. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I've tried that but it seems to have the opposite effect on me...like I almost convince myself since it's logged I have really did it. But I do always try to plan my food diary ahead. But that's what is so awesome about MFP is we can all do whatever works for us...so GREAT JOB on finding what works for YOU and doing it!!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    No I don't do that with my workouts but I do it with my food for the day. When I get up I eat breakfast and log it. WHile I am already on the site I log my lunch and snacks for the day then I pack the food and head off to work.
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. It helps keep me accountable.
    I also do the same with my meals. That way I won't be tempted to eat something else because I wrote it down already.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No I don't do that with my workouts but I do it with my food for the day. When I get up I eat breakfast and log it. WHile I am already on the site I log my lunch and snacks for the day then I pack the food and head off to work.

That's what I do, too. If I log the calories I plan to eat, it makes me really see what I plan to take in. Then I can decide if my choices fit my long term plan. Any exercise I do is just icing on the cake.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I only log after to have the HRM reads so that I can have a more accurate picture of the actual burn.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do so that I can plan out what I'm going to eat for the day.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I thought i was the only one doing this. I log my exercise in, complete the day and then i feel really guilty if i don't exercise. and sooooo rewarding when i do it :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i do it sometimes also, i usually have to end up adjusting the minutes though. I always try to plan my food diary in the morning so this helps me to do so. Its a lot easier for me to stick to it that way.
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I envy your dedication and willpower..I have to log as I do because I change my mind halfway through things...lol
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    no... i am not always sure i can get the workout in until i actually get the workout in! my life is crazy and plans can change at the drop of a hat, so i don't log exercise until after it happens. i can see how it could be a motivator though... as long as you do what you log!
  • pappycanoli
    pappycanoli Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, i do the same. I also often will enter my meals for the next day to see how it looks. On the weekends, if we are going out to eat, i like to do this to see if i need to exercise for a longer period of ttime as to when we go out i can enjoy a little more since i feel i have it covered.
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I try to pre-log both food and exercise.

What I especially do this with is when I'm going out with friends. If I know I'm going to see my friends at a bar tonight, I will add in 2 glasses of wine (I will only drink 1, but I know that the serving sizes at the bar are huge!! I account for that too) so that I have added in those calories before hand. This keeps me accountable- I will ONLY have that 1 glass, because that's all I have allotted!

If you think of these numbers as money, it works really well. I can only buy one glass of wine at the bar, because that's all the money I had saved. hehehehe

Keep up the good work!