Frustrated

Options
maapia8
maapia8 Posts: 1 Member
This is only my first week but I've been so diligent with tracking calories and I'm doing great staying within my 1250 calories a day or slightly under and I weighed myself today and I gained a half a pound! instead of losing 2. I want to cry. Beyond frustrated! Please help! What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so it's going to be hard for us to give much useful feedback.

A week is early and not everyone loses their first week. Things like new exercise routines, TOM, hydration, and other factors can keep you from losing weight even you when you do everything "right."

Another factor could be how accurately you're measuring your intake. If you open your diary, we may be able to help you troubleshoot.
  • TynaBaby17
    TynaBaby17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates, with water intake and sodium intake. Maybe try weighing yourself every other day or so to get a better idea of what your weight is doing. It is very possible that today you were up half a pound but tomorrow you may be down half a pound! Keep tracking and give it one more week and see how its changing then.
  • Gemfire99
    Gemfire99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!!!! The best motivation in the world is when it starts to work. There can be a lag time. Just keep doing what your doing for now, it'll pay off!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    v3gdct3dxw59.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maapia8 wrote: »
    This is only my first week but I've been so diligent with tracking calories and I'm doing great staying within my 1250 calories a day or slightly under and I weighed myself today and I gained a half a pound! instead of losing 2. I want to cry. Beyond frustrated! Please help! What am I doing wrong?

You didn't gain all the weight in a week
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Trust the process. Double check your logging and keep up the good work. Unfortunately, we don't get to see 1:1 results. Weight loss lags, reverses and does its very own thing. All we can do is be consistent and patient.
  • scarla67
    scarla67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing at same time, same place, same scales everytime?