Low RHR : 34bpm

Options
AcadianRunner
AcadianRunner Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a pretty low resting ♥️ rate. Right now, my Garmin shows 34 bpm. I also took my heart rate manually and it is about 37.

Anyone has that too??
8haaq4a3t62y.jpeg

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My mom does. She really freaked out her Dr's when she had to get ready for a minor surgery. They made her take a stress test to make sure it would actually rise with exertion. Luckily they were able to determine that's just normal for her and she didn't need a pacemaker.
  • AcadianRunner
    Options
    Well, I run about 7 miles every day. I am 5’2” at about 108lbs.
    sarahbums wrote: »
    .....that's VERY low. Are you really active and/or at a low weight?

• AcadianRunner
    Options
    Oh that good she was ok!!
    My mom does. She really freaked out her Dr's when she had to get ready for a minor surgery. They made her take a stress test to make sure it would actually rise with exertion. Luckily they were able to determine that's just normal for her and she didn't need a pacemaker.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    that is very low even for an athlete - I would probably get a medical check to make sure there are no issues - low BP can be an issue, can be influenced by low sodium or other factors
  • AcadianRunner
    Options
    I do have my annual in a few weeks. I will mention it to my PCP. Thank you.
    that is very low even for an athlete - I would probably get a medical check to make sure there are no issues - low BP can be an issue, can be influenced by low sodium or other factors

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options

That's not her blood pressure. It's her resting heart rate.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    well you're light and an athlete. Are you currently in a caloric deficit? I personally can swing from a 56 to a 70 resting rate just on the strength of a caloric deficit or surplus. In any case... it would be something to chat about with your doctor...
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Has it always been low? I only became aware of mine when I started donating blood and people would comment on it/ask if I used to be an athlete that type of thing. Mine turned out to be a thyroid issue- on medication and still obese mine fluctuates between 50-55, I think the lowest I noted was 40 when unmedicated.
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Like a few others on here mine fluctuates from 48-54.

I'm not an expert but 34 seems low.

It may be that you're just extremely fit!

My friends girlfriend as a static heart rate of over 100!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Mine usually doesn't go that low, but mid-40s isn't uncommon for me. I am also very short/small and an endurance athlete. My doctors have only asked me if I have any symptoms, like feeling lightheaded. When I said I felt fine, they just chalked it up to me doing a lot of running and being very fit. Expect your doctor to grill you about any negative effects you might have, and take those seriously if you have them. You don't want to be passing out 7 miles from home.
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    seems low. check it thru out the day and write it down for your dr to look at during your exam.
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mine runs between 32 and 36 and dips into 28/30. My doctors are not worried in the least. They say as long as I don't have any side effects from it that they are not worried. I am currently 5'1" and 140 and I do run and workout most days. I also wear a Road ID band (24/7) on my Garmin that states I have low heart rate. My father has a low resting heart rate but not as low as mine.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

That's not her blood pressure. It's her resting heart rate.

however, low BP and pulse can go hand in hand so they should be considered - that is what my PCM tells me
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate use to hover in at around 110-120 before I took up exercising and running 7 months ago, it's now in the low 50s.