Low blood pressure

Options
3 weeks ago I stared a new strength programme. Approximately the same time I started to feel lethargic and fatigues, often dizzy and a little spaced out.

A visit to the nurse on Monday confirmed that I have low blood pressure, I also noticed that my Fitbit is registering a low resting heart rate of about 47.

I am going to go for bloods, but I am
Also wondering if I am not fuelling my workouts enough-could my calorie deficit be too large?

Anyone with any experience?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How is your hydration situation?
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How is your hydration situation?

I do drink fluids...but it could be better. I don’t drink alcohol, but I could probably drink more water than I do
  • Spitspot81
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    it could definitely be your deficit. maybe try gradually upping your calories 200 or so at a time and see if the symptoms subside?

a lot of super-fit people who overexercise end up with bradycardia (low HR) and/or low blood pressure. But then again, so do not-so-fit people who undereat.

Thanks for your message. I think I need to relax a little bit on the calorie counting
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I had all the symptoms of low blood pressure for about two weeks. I decided to up my calories a bit before seeing a doctor. That did the trick for me. No more dizziness ect...
    But, don't not see the doctor! That is just what I did and I am notorious for avoiding the doctor. Not smart!
  • Spitspot81
    Options
    I had all the symptoms of low blood pressure for about two weeks. I decided to up my calories a bit before seeing a doctor. That did the trick for me. No more dizziness ect...
    But, don't not see the doctor! That is just what I did and I am notorious for avoiding the doctor. Not smart!

I am glad you managed to treat yourself. I think I am going to do the same. Thanks for sharing