4 day festival

Options
UK FESTIVAL!!
I am going to a 4 day music festival soon. I’m looking to see what sort of food I should be taking with me.
I don’t have access to coolers or a cooker. Just hot water

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I go for 5 days every year, I take some protein shake cartons/bars for breakfast, some snacks like babybels (they keep ok out of the fridge) or salted popcorn whilst drinking and then usually just have stuff from the stalls early evening and make as best a choice I can, I try to stick with falafel/chicken, you'll get a lot of walking/dancing in so I wouldn't worry too much about the calories, it's not like it's something you're doing every week.

I also tend to stick with soft drinks/water when in the arena and just have alcohol on the campsite, which saves me a bunch of calories and cost, as I will usually have spirits and diet soda rather than beer.

Even if you don't have a cooler, freeze some bottles of water before you go, then you can use them as Ice Blocks and have some cold water available as it thaws out.

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    A good simple food to bring is bread (make sure it's properly sealed to keep out the creepy crawleis) and non perishable spreads like peanut butter/chocolate spread/marmite. Not the healthiest meals but cheap and easy.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you have boiling hot water, you can make oatmeal and stick some peanut butter/nutella in it for a hearty breakfast! Or bring a tea kettle if you have access to a plug at your campsite.

Fruit/veggies that keeps well: apples, oranges, tomatoes, peppers, avocado. When I am at festivals the last thing, I want is something greasy or salty if it is hot out.
    Granola, dried fruit. If you aren't a fan of drinking pure water you can bring country time lemonade packets and add them to water to make lemonade
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    kballsocc wrote: »
    If you have boiling hot water, you can make oatmeal and stick some peanut butter/nutella in it for a hearty breakfast! Or bring a tea kettle if you have access to a plug at your campsite.

Fruit/veggies that keeps well: apples, oranges, tomatoes, peppers, avocado. When I am at festivals the last thing, I want is something greasy or salty if it is hot out.
    Granola, dried fruit. If you aren't a fan of drinking pure water you can bring country time lemonade packets and add them to water to make lemonade

Probably very unlikely it'll be hot at a UK festival lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "Snot Poodle" (a.k.a. Pot Noodle)

Oat So Simple porridge pots.
  • girlreadingbook
    girlreadingbook Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fruit (dried as well, maybe?); rice/wasa crackers; nut spread, boiled eggs; fill several sestema screwtop jars with a few servings of oats and nuts/raisins/cranberries soaked in rice milk (truly delicious combination). Lots of water.
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    rye bread and canned spreads / non perishable spreads
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to the festival yet? If so, how did it go?