I would like to take a moment...

Options
to vent my ANGER.

I just checked my bank account. I had moved $70 into my checking account to pay my $70 credit card bill off. $70 balance checking. $70 withdrawn to credit card. $0 balance. All is good. BOOM. $36 overdraft for absolutely no reason. Then, $10 magazine subscription that I bought for my ex that autorenewed without asking me. BOOM. Another $36 overdraft. I now have -$82. I understand the second overdraft. But WHY!?!?! did they charge me when my balance was $0? This is not what I needed to come home from work to.

The bank will certainly be hearing from me tomorrow.

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    Options
    I don't have anything to say, but that is really stupid. Banks are ridiculous.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    OUCh! LOL...... claim insanity, or Card Theft! lol

Good luck with them bankers dude!
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    good luck with that- the banks could care less, they either get the cash from you or bailout from the fed! %^(
  • jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    good luck with that- the banks could care less, they either get the cash from you or bailout from the fed! %^(

That is what infuriates me the most. They'll just keep telling me that there is nothing they can do. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I hate banks so much.
  • kew4zen
    kew4zen Posts: 3
    Options
    They may hear from you, but they won't listen.
    I feel your pain.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If you get lucky they may take the overdraft charges off. My bank did it for me a few times I was careless and not paying attention to what I had to spend :x
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    UMM my friend had six overdrafts before. They told her there was nothing she could do. I told her let me talk to them. In 10 minutes I had them reversing all six of them and they even acknowledged they were incompetent fools. My friend was a nurse and she had a direct deposit check every friday from work of 4 grand. They rejected a direct deposit because it didn't match her name for some reason. Anyways, long story short. Find a fault or call and complain alot they will remove them.

P. S It took two calls to remove all six. Each agent can only remove three a day per account. So I had to call back and get someone else to remove the entire six.

That is what infuriates me the most. They'll just keep telling me that there is nothing they can do. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I hate banks so much.
  • GypsyRose25
    Options

I used to work for WaMu, before they outsourced their call center, then got bought out (lmao), and I found the best thing you can do is go into the local branch and speak with a person there. People on the phone will not care (I should know) because they can't really do anything. People in the branch are "typically" nicer. Typically.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I am sorry.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when they charge me $25 for bouncing a check by less than a dollar! !!!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Nasty Banks !!! Vent away tho .. Makes you feel better .. Maybe pay them a visit .. Tell them that if they don't wipe that OD charge you will take your business to the bank across the road ... .. Know how I mean ?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Banks don't listen to their customers (the ones who keep them in business) or care what their customers have in their accounts. They will charge you outrageous O/D fees because it means more money for them & they will take it any way they can get it - from us or the government.
    I used to be at a bank that did the withdrawls first, before they check for any deposits. They would charge my account for not having any money in it, then accept my deposit - but not withdraw the charges that they had just applied a few minutes ago.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Snowball effect. Many years ago, I had my pre-tax Medical Reimbursements direct deposited to my checking. One month it didn't deposit as it should have. I made out all the household checks. Insufficient funds. My bank paid them, but I got many overdraft charges. Amounted to almost $700. Fought with the Medical Plan providers, but they wouldn't take responsibility. Even though the check was almost 2 weeks late to my account, it was still my fault.

Luckily, I had been at the same bank for almost 20 years. I went down, talked to them, showed them all the correspondence and they reversed all the charges.

Every where you leak, someone wants to hang a bucket.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    A similar situation happened to me when I was transferring to another bank. I forgot that I had taken $400 out of the account, so one little charge dropped it below $0 and then had one more for added measure. What sucked was this was a local bank and I was two states away. I called my mom and asked her if she could cover everything for me as sending them a check would have taken another 2 days at least and I would have accrued more overdraft charges each day I was over. Of course they sent me a letter saying that I was over, so that had already added a couple days to add insult to injury.

I now watch all my accounts and pay all my bills online so I know exactly how much is in there. I will also transfer funds from savings if my checking account gets less than $500 before the end of the month.