Personal Food Swaps

Options
I was just wondering what tweaks people have made in their diet!

my changes this week

switched from tall nonfat caramel macchiato > tall nonfat cappuccino (saved 80 cal, 16g carbs, 1g fat )
switched from market pantry skim milk > silk light plain ( saved 10 cal, 4g carb per cup! )

the silk light has more fat, but I'm always over on carbs under on fat so it was a good switch for me!

Replies

• YogaBooty
    Options
    I was just wondering what tweaks people have made in their diet!

my changes this week

switched from tall nonfat caramel macchiato > tall nonfat cappuccino (saved 80 cal, 16g carbs, 1g fat )
    switched from market pantry skim milk > silk light plain ( saved 10 cal, 4g carb per cup! )

the silk light has more fat, but I'm always over on carbs under on fat so it was a good switch for me!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'll never trade in my soy latte...ever....ok, when the dietician says no more then ok, but until then i'll give up food first:love:

just choosing moderation over deprivation. sorry I'm no help.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I started eating 3 meals a day with snacks, Cut out the cream in my coffee. And no sugar. I lost so far 5lb in a week since I koined MFP oh and stated working out.
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I cut out booze to only weekends or when I need to use up calories :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I started eating breakfast and lunch. I started eating fruits and vegetables. I only drink Mountain Dew once a week. I quit fast food everyday now only once a week. No french fries.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just tried out the House Foods Shirataki noodles (that Hungry Girl always talks about). A full package (2 servings) is 40 calories and 6g carb. I usually buy the Ronzini Healthy Harvest spaghetti that has 180 cals and 41g carb. I won't eat them all of the time, but they weren't bad! (but I do like tofu!)

Jess
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I just tried out the House Foods Shirataki noodles

I love them! I like tofu too.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking beer, stopped drinking coffee, eat alot of veggies chicken and some beef. I have oatmeal with berries for breakfest. Larabars and more applies between meals.
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    I am drinking tons of water when before I would only have 2 cups a day. I have cut out all soda and I no longer drink iced tea. I have learned alot from people on here already and have only been here 3 weeks I think. One other change is that I am exercising a bit more. :flowerforyou: Hopefully it's only a matter of time before I meet my goal!!
  • iluvbread
    Options
    Do the Shirataki noodles taste anything like real pasta and are they time consuming to make?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Do the Shirataki noodles taste anything like real pasta and are they time consuming to make?

You have to rinse them first and then cook for a minute or 2. They don't have a strong flavor, so they take on whatever sauce you use (like most tofu does). HTH! Not bad at all for the calorie count!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    And my favorite swap is Naturally More Peanut Butter. 170 cals and 11g fat per 2 tablespoons compared to 180 calories and 16-17g fat for most regular PB. (and no trans fats, has added flaxseed oil)
  • stewartmn
    Options
    I've just completed week one of the two week Special K diet. I thought it would be a good way to kick start my diet and exercise program. I lost 3 pounds this week. I looked at the first tiny bowl of cereal my first day and thought I was going to starve, but it hasn't been bad. I find myself eating much more slowly and savoring every bite when I actually get to eat with a fork! :smile: After eating meal bars, protein water and snack bars, I naturally want to eat healthier for my dinner. I started trying to drink 64 ounces of water every day too. I'm cutting out coffee starting tomorrow and switching to green tea. I've also started trying to workout more, but I caught my son's cold yesterday so it hasn't worked out that well yet!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Just a few of my major changes:

Sweetened ice tea to water
    Butter or Margarine to Brummel & Brown
    73/27 ground beef to 90/10 or better
    TONS of full fat cheeses in almost every meal to low fat or fat free cheeses used sparingly

And generally portion sizes.... we no longer eat the entire pound of bacon for one breakfast, it will usually last through 3 meals now (for 3 of us!)

I no longer cook an entire package of pasta for the 3 of us, I now usually only cook half at a time.

Things like that :smile:
  • mgeek40
    Options
    I've switched from sandwiches to salads at lunch, just wanting my calories and food and exercising in general and I've lost 8 lbs since joining MFP. I am totally excited right now!!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Swapped Dr. Pepper and Sprite for green tea (with stevia) and water (with lemon)
    Swapped Bunny bread for Nature's Own Whole Wheat sugar-free bread
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've changed my kids diets more than my own, I always had a tendency to cook them a high fat diet, and make me something healthy...I found they are eating way too many sweets and dinners that are just plain out bad for them, I switched out scrambled egg whites for reg eggs, no bacon....of any kind, they get extra lean thinly sliced sirloin steak with their eggs, they actually like the steak better than the bacon, I mix their fav sugared cereals, which is honey coombs and frosted mini wheats, with all bran cereal, they tell me they don't mind! I switched from oil in sweet recipes to prune puree or applesauce, no more ice cream, we go with sherbet, I mix plain rippled chips with wheat crackers and pretzels for a little healthier snack mix then just plain potato chips, I make my own peanut butter, takes 3 minutes and it's the best darn thing ever! we have popsicles and jello for desert more often then cheesecakes and brownies, I don't buy processed meats anymore, and use low calorie ww wraps for their sandwiches, which is now roasted chicken or left over steak with a ton of veggies, or I pack a healthy soup with saltines, I serve pasta no more than twice a week, and try to have healthy fish, and veggies dishes more often.....it's a learning experience