Sweet tooth? Don't want the extra cals?

Options
Kaecklund
Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
I turned my breakfast smoothie into a popcicle.

Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and a banana. Mix the frozen fruit w/water and blend! So sweet, delicious and HEALTHY!

Another fav shake of mine is chocolate almond milk w/ raspberry sorbet (blender). Just think... Smooth, creamy, chocolate raspberry heavencicle! I gotta try this one!

Also, it's hard to scarf a popcicle w/out getting punished (brain freeze) so also might keep you from eating a lot... like if it were cheesecake!!!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I've just been buying Blue Bell Natural Fruit Bars. The strawberry ones even have chunks of real strawberries and they are SO tasty. The strawberry flavor is 80 calories each for a big sized popsicle, the lime ones are 70 and it literally tastes like a margarita. Mmmm.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    LOL... too many carbs for me in all that sugar, but I love the idea! MUST FIGHT CRAVINGS!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Extra Dessert Delights sugar free gum?
    The first one I had was the Mint Chocolate Chip & OMG I was in heaven!!
    I tore into the mint chocolate chip flavor first. Unwrapping the plastic released a surprising burst of what I would’ve assumed was real mint chocolate ice cream, if I’d kept my eyes closed. Inside, the gum appeared greenish blue and fairly nondescript. No chocolate flecks. No color swirls. No frills whatsoever. At first chew, the stuff tastes like any other mint gum, but then it gets oddly cold, in this deeply unnatural yet refreshing way. It’s like slightly melted ice cream with a gum base. Given a few seconds of chewing, the chocolate finally kicks in. The whole process is very Willy Wonka. You’ll wonder what the hell is happening in your mouth until gradually you stop caring and settle into the delicious symphony of flavors and disconcerting chilliness
    The strawberry shortcake gum smelled authentic, too. I could definitely perceive the shortcake. The gum basically gave my mouth a brief vacation from reality without ever truly overwhelming my senses. The taste is a bit more muted than the mint chip kind, but pleasant. Mostly I got a sweet real strawberry flavor with hints of something more, but none of the bold shortcake experience promised by the gum’s aroma.
    The Key Lime Pie gum definitely does taste pie-like, following closely in the footsteps of its excellently rendered neighbors. The flavor is very middle-of-the-road family restaurant key lime pie, I was a little leery of the lime flavor becoming monotonous and too sour, because I am a wimp. I’m sorry I ever doubt you, Extra. Please forgive me. It tastes like a Starburst with more longevity and no real sugar.
    Yes, they are full of chemicals that I can't pronounce. but it's only 5 calories. Go try these gums & even if you were to blow through a whole pack in one sitting (which I totally considered) that’s still twenty-five calories short of a single Double-Stuf Oreo.