New Start to an aging body

Options
I’m starting today and am looking for friends along the way.

Replies

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the aging body....I'm 58... been on for a little over a year.... log everyday.... feel free to add me. :)
  • whitewolf568
    whitewolf568 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can also relate. I started back up again a week ago after being inactive for a year. I'm almost 49 & it's taking me a little bit to get going. Being sore a little longer cause of age. Sucks! But we can all push each other to stay on track. I've been faithfully logging everyday so let's see how it goes.
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey, the struggle is real :D:D I am 53 and feeling every minute of it. I am working to get into shape so I dont become old before I need to!! Anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • kracken55
    kracken55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 49 and seeing what my limits are. Had years of back ache, couldn't even put my socks on in the morning. Now since trying to get into shape no back problems, yeah. Feel free to add me for support and anyone else. Good luck with your journey.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just turned 43 and I have learned that what I did even 6 years ago is harder for me now. Minor injuries put me down for weeks rather than days now. I missed most of last month in the gym due to a muscle strain/pull. It was a pretty bad one but still.. a freaking pulled muscle? Anyway.. I am new here (again) and determined to stick to it, and be consistent. *crosses fingers*
    Add me and we can watch each other's backs!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    58 :# yep yep yep finding ways to age better...is a full time job.
  • ugogurl68
    ugogurl68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I can sure relate. I will be 50 this July and chasing my 4 little granddaughters around is exhausting. Last year, I went from working three 12 hour shifts a week to working only 2 so that I would have more time to help take care of my little angels, but they are wearing me out. I definitely need to get more active and live a healthier lifestyle.
  • donnajeanjones
    donnajeanjones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Turning 49 this year and am finding it harder than ever to lose weight. I have been back on MFP for 3 weeks and the scale is moving pretty slow, but it is moving in the right direction. Feel free to add me.
  • charmainexuereb
    charmainexuereb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    52 this week and feeling it
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am 56.5 and after a few years at this as well as cardio/weights, I'm feeling better than I have in nearly all of my adult life. Not looking like I'm in high school or college, but I'll take it for 56.5. Could use some more people my age to hang out with here.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    58 and been here for years, my goal is maintain/improve shape so I can snow ski for free (skiers over 70 get free lift tickets). My inspiration was a ski lift ride with an 82 year old guy. Entropy is not for sissies.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    56 years old. In my late forties I was active running and cycling. Life got in the way (an excuse) and I stopped exercising - and gained a lot of weight.

I'm back in the saddle and running again. This time it's just for the joy. I'm finally learning how to control my waistline by controlling my fork. I wish I had done this sooner - oh well.
  • RichardHaw
    RichardHaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feeling it also, hit 61 this year. Was on here in the past but fell off, getting back to using this and looking for more friends to help keep me motivated and active here. Looking to get back to being more active, dropping 35 lbs or so and getting my blood sugar under control. Please feel free to add me.
  • kaw1995
    kaw1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feeling it also, I'm 53 and trying to get back in the healthy club.. working out has become more difficult but still pushing thru each session... we can do it just stay positive, feel free to add me
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Argh 60 but all my friends and husband super athletic and younger
    Gained a lot this year
    Gonna try and get it off again
    Day 3 tracking so no guarantees but ready to push it
    Goals. Hiking mountains at sane pace as my friends
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 in December, retired in January.
    Joined MFP in January 2017 and have lost 45ish lbs. The last 4-5 to goal seem the be the most difficult - been struggling with those for the last 6 months!
    Pretty active (running, cycling, hiking, kayaking) but my challenge is balancing that with other commitments.
  • doxielvr13
    doxielvr13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Started about a month ago (again). I'm 58 and determined to do it this time! Feel free to friend me.
  • lizyvette1
    lizyvette1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OK, TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I AM TAKING BACK MY LIFE....WENT TO MY DOCTORS YESTERDAY....SHE SAID GET ON THIS SITE, AND GET MOVING AND LEARN TO EAT BETTER, AND START EXERCISING........I'M 72, EVERYONE SAYS, AWWW, YOU LOOK GREAT....I WANT TO FEEL G R E A T.....I AM WORKING WITH YOU GUYS....
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the aging part... just turned 49 in February. recently loss 75lbs, but over the last 3-4 months I steadily gained back 22lbs so I am back at it again because for me its not about how I look, it is all about how I feel and right now I am feeling that 22lbs... I have logged in for over 500+ days, even though I didn't log my fat girl eating habits of late, I still remained active with my friends. Support is a key... feel free to add me.