Females only - how did you lose the last 10 pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oh boy those last pounds are painstaking! :/ it took me tracking really accurately, using a food scale, and consistently staying with my calories - for me at 5ft 2 and being lightly active I lost around 0.25- 0.5lb a week on average if I ate an average of 1600-1750 calories.

When we are down to the last pounds it takes being really vigilent about food logging and staying at calorie deficit.

But the good news is, it can be done - be patient. It took me almost 3 months to lose my last 5 lbs - so even with being vigilent there is always room for error but I got there and so can you :smile: .
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    By not despairing... I went on a 1200/1250 cal per day intake for January and saw nothing. Nothing. Then I increased to 1450 and pounds started shedding. Accurate logging (can't stress this enough), lots of walking, and for me a very low carb intake, but what works differs greatly from person to person I guess, and so do preferences. Jan to mid April, lost 11 lbs and reached my target.

Best of luck to you! Consistence is basically all that it boils down to, AND the hardest part of it all.

• celeste_2009
    celeste_2009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you so much for the tips and motivation. I'm still at 1600-1800 but might move down in a week if I don't see progress (although not too low, since I'm afraid of skimping on calories due to a past eating disorder issue years ago). I hope it's OK if I friend all of you for motivation!
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm 5"3 was hanging around 115-120 for a year. Then got into a traumatic situation for a year on top of my dad having one health issue after another and gained to 135 (where I am now)

For me losing the last 5-10lbs (in the past and what I'm executing now) wasn't about being too strict w calories (I know some people might hate me for saying that) but by the time I was at 125 I realized what foods AIDED my weight loss (salmon, broccoli, foods w iodine - seaweed and yes pinches of salt I added to food I prepared at home) and what foods made me seem to gain 3lbs over night (popcorn, anything with corn actually - I don't digest it well, gluten, and sugar)

So for me it was about eating foods my body liked :) and avoiding the ones it didn't

Granted, I work out like a beast and Love it hah so that def plays a part too

I'm sure you'll figure it out! The plan you talked about above sounds good
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    helene4 wrote: »
    I'm 5"3 was hanging around 115-120 for a year. Then got into a traumatic situation for a year on top of my dad having one health issue after another and gained to 135 (where I am now)

For me losing the last 5-10lbs (in the past and what I'm executing now) wasn't about being too strict w calories (I know some people might hate me for saying that) but by the time I was at 125 I realized what foods AIDED my weight loss (salmon, broccoli, foods w iodine - seaweed and yes pinches of salt I added to food I prepared at home) and what foods made me seem to gain 3lbs over night (popcorn, anything with corn actually - I don't digest it well, gluten, and sugar)

So for me it was about eating foods my body liked :) and avoiding the ones it didn't

Granted, I work out like a beast and Love it hah so that def plays a part too

I'm sure you'll figure it out! The plan you talked about above sounds good

Puzzler! I wonder if the odd occasional weight jumping up 3 pounds is correlated with my popcorn intake! It never seems to coincide with extra calories, salt intake, or hard workouts, so I’ve been hoping I might some day pin it down.

The last 10? Mostly I got it off by not noticing it was the last 10. Nothing different than. The first 40. I sometimes think the mental component is a gotcha!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I’ve lost 20lb and really I have 20lb still to go although I would be within my ‘happy’ weight range if I lost 10. It’s been sooooo slow. I’ve been sticking to the bottom end of the calories that the nhs bmi calculator gives me for my weight/height and activity (this they say should give a loss of 1-2lb/week). I try to eat 100g protein/day. I go up and down, up and down- last week I thought things were going in the right direction then it all goes back on again. I’ve become super strict about logging- weighing milk for coffee etc. I have a desk job 3 days a week but on my days off I walk a lot. Look at my April weigh ins...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!