(pics) Do I look like I’m at the same level of muscle development as my target physique?

Options
I’m on the left, “goal” is on the right. both about 5’1”. Thought this side by side lifting pic gives a good comparison. Is she still a good deal bigger/more powerful looking or is it just in my head?
https://i.imgur.com/yoz0Mwn.jpgyoz0Mwn.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The person in the Crossfit shirt is more "powerful looking."
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    She's definitely bigger.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, she looks excessively powerful and you look great. :)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Isn't the person on the right male? I base this largely on there being some serious facial stubble there.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    OP I would encourage you to not concern yourself too much with looking exactly like any "goal physique".
    Aim to be the strongest and most powerful version of YOU that you can be.

Everyone is built differently, and certain 'goal physiques' may not be possible to achieve naturally.

This all the way.

You look great OP. Keep it up.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking great. Not sure how you will deal with the sleeve. The positions are different. Not sure how much more similar a deeper squat and wider and same type grip would make you look as your shoulder also turns with your grip.
  • Gretaholden1
    Gretaholden1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    To be honest No your not. Your arms, legs and muscle tone just isn't there yet. Keep working you will get there. The man on the right has much more muscle tone than the guy on the left.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    OP I would encourage you to not concern yourself too much with looking exactly like any "goal physique".

Everyone is built differently, and certain 'goal physiques' may not be possible to achieve naturally.

This all the way.

I agree. We're all built a little different, but you look amazing. I totally get it, though. I have this ideal physique in my head. Not sure how realistic it is for me, but I just keep lifting and eating.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    To be honest No your not. Your arms, legs and muscle tone just isn't there yet. Keep working you will get there. The man on the right has much more muscle tone than the guy on the left.

lol

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

lol

Omg I totally missed that. Oh boy...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

This all the way.

I agree. We're all built a little different, but you look amazing. I totally get it, though. I have this ideal physique in my head. Not sure how realistic it is for me, but I just keep lifting and eating.

I know it's so hard not to compare to others.. I try not to but end up doing it sometimes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Isn't the person on the right male? I base this largely on there being some serious facial stubble there.

Ya, person on right sure looks male to me too, but people kept saying "she" so I thought it was me...
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

This all the way.

I know it's so hard not to compare to others.. I try not to but end up doing it sometimes.

Same here. I do enjoy getting motivation from physiques I admire, but I really try not to compare or put them on a pedestal.
    Not to keep saying "PEDs!!!" or that anything is unachievable, but I've realized that a lot of the physiques I admire are not natural and thus probably not a realistic goal for me.
    A while back I thought a friend was gaining tons of muscle and having a super successful reverse diet. Then I found out she was using drugs...
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    What is your goal and reason for this comparison anyhow, OP?

If it's performance (crossfit or the like)- looking like another athlete provides absolutely no benefit.
    Kara Webb for example, doesn't look a lot of the other female competitors, but she was #2 at the Games last year.

If it's aesthetics- trying to look exactly like another athlete also doesn't benefit you much. A person could easily just get leaner and be thought to have more "muscle development".
    In bodybuilding, the winner is usually the person who stands out the most, not the person who looks the most like everyone else.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, person on right sure looks male to me too, but people kept saying "she" so I thought it was me...

Oh good. At least I'm not the only one.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    The goal physique looks bigger with more definition, yes. But I mean...if you wanted my lunch money, OP, I’m pretty sure you could get my lunch money.

Oh, she would have my lunch money and I would probably get dead-lifted and pile drived in the process too! :lol: