Love Handles

As the title states does any one know of any exercises that aim more towards these annoying things that sit on top of my hips? I understand the whole you can't target one certain area but there are exercises that assist more than others.

Thanks for your advice!!

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    bump
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Cardio - as you % fat goes down so will the love handles. Sadly, you don't get to choose where the loss is first and the area you want most often is the last. For me it's my hips and thighs. Argh!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Try side bends with weights. Try the heaviest you can handle - I've been doing mine with 10 lbs before my current nursing of my injury but a few months ago was using 25 lbs just to give you an idea - stand up with one weight in one hand and just bend over sideways. You should feel it all up your side and in your "lovehandles". Stand back up straight and repeat for a set of 15 reps and switch arms. Repeat if so desired. Also, any cardio will whittle your waist pretty quickly. For me, it was running and the elliptical and crossramp. Best way to lose fat anywhere though is technically diet.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    cardio is what you need, overall, and at some point your love handles will shrink, along with other areas. You're right you can't spot reduce, but I highly recommend spin -- big bang for your buck in calorie burn and it really knocks the weight down.

blessings.
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    I posted this somewhere else but it applies here too!

SKIN SKIN SKIN My problem too. Is there a solution? YES!

Ok so I lost crazy weight yet my belly still sagged. GUESS WHAT --- -SKIN! So after reading many articles and looking through it, skin tightens only with the use of vitamin E. So eat more meat or direct application. I went to store and got me a Vitamin E Skin Lotion, put it on after every shower. Have lost 2 inches of skin in tummy area and I keep applying daily. Slowly I am tightening that belly skin and on my arms. Try it, it wont hurt. Walmart lotion cost me 4 bucks. It has helped me alot!
  • I posted this somewhere else but it applies here too!

SKIN SKIN SKIN My problem too. Is there a solution? YES!

Ok so I lost crazy weight yet my belly still sagged. GUESS WHAT --- -SKIN! So after reading many articles and looking through it, skin tightens only with the use of vitamin E. So eat more meat or direct application. I went to store and got me a Vitamin E Skin Lotion, put it on after every shower. Have lost 2 inches of skin in tummy area and I keep applying daily. Slowly I am tightening that belly skin and on my arms. Try it, it wont hurt. Walmart lotion cost me 4 bucks. It has helped me alot!

I'll have to look into this.

Thanks for all the tips I appreciate it!