Am I Eating Enough??

Options
JennG122
JennG122 Posts: 25 Member
Hi All,

I still have 30-40 pounds to lose. I am struggling with eating enough. Can someone look at my food diary and let me know what changes they would make?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much, not too little. Tighten up your logging, and/or be more realistic.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are logging accurately (and I'm not sure you are, you have a lot measured in cups and not by weight and some generic/homemade entries), no. You are not eating enough. You've got multiple days at less than 1,000.

What is your exact struggle to eat more? Presumably there was a time you *could* eat more in the past. What has changed since now and then?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've gone with the "diet food" theory.. chicken, rice, broccoli. Add back in food you used to eat, just not in the same quantity or frequency. Try not to think of food as "good" or "bad". It's just food and there's no reason to cut down to the bland 'diet food' of old. Add butter, add peanut butter, add nuts, add oil, add dressing, add the foods. :)

Also, I agree with above as far as the logging. Get and use a food scale. Weigh everything. Don't trust measuring cups. Pay close attention to the entries you choose and make sure they're accurate.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Your lunches and dinners are snack-sized, not meal-sized. Increase the quantities. Add butter or cheese.

Are you trying for low/reduced carb? If not, add a starch as well.

Please also share your recipe for peanut butter energy balls :)
  • JennG122
    JennG122 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice all! I think it's a mental thing. I am scared to eat because I think it will add the pounds back on. I know it won't, just in my head I am scared. But with the cals that I burn will help maintain it. I appreciate the help!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary :) I an steadily losing
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much, not too little. Tighten up your logging, and/or be more realistic.

That’s not true. You need to eat to lose weight.

How exactly does that work?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

*waits for "starvation mode" myth*
  • elitefooty
    elitefooty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    test
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

*waits for "starvation mode" myth*

Well, it's no myth that I'm pretty freakin' starving right now. :)