Discouraged...

Options
Have any of you felt discouraged despite the number on the scale going down but not seeing a difference in your body or clothes?

I’ve also taken pictures every week since I’ve been on this “journey” and I haven’t been able to tell a difference. I’m wondering if it is because it’s only a small number (17lbs since 3/1) or if it’s a mental thing?

No one has said anything even people I don’t see on a daily basis. I’m not sure if this is out of not noticing or people not trying to seem “rude”

Has anyone dealt with this?

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You've lost 17lbs. It's coming off somewhere. Take measurements. Sometimes, the body drops it where you least expect it. I have a friend who is there to tell me that my starting picture is way different than the picture I took over the weekend, though I can't see it.

I also take measurements which help when I don't "see" the changes or the scale sides with the dragonpants and starts not giving me anything useful!

Most important, don't give up. Each step forward is a step in the direction you want to go. You'll *get* healthier. It just takes time.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 17lbs also (although I’m 6’2”, originally 227, so maybe less noticeable) and I’m down two belt loops and down two loops on my Fitbit band, but not where I wanted to see it (gut, which I have above my belt, and neck). Frustrating for sure, but if I keep losing fat, it’ll come off eventually. We just need to stick with it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am down nearly 30 lbs. And no one has commented. I am also still in the same clothes. Some things I can see the difference, some I can't.

The important thing is that I know that my new habits are leading to a healthier life.

Besides, when we get to maintenance, the goal is for not even the scale to move what will help you stick with your new habits then?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    To lose 17 lb in 2 months is kicking *kitten*.

Don't worry what people mention. They notice, but they also are afraid of telling a girl who has lost weight that they noticed she needed to. Girls are scary that way. If you want to talk about your weight loss, find a friend thinner than you to do so.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Consider also the overall health gain in the loss of even 5% of your body fat. Wear and tear on joints ... the list goes on Clothes are fun, but a plan that you can stick to for the long run will serve you well for the longest period of time... and eventually your clothes will fall off. (no pun intended)