Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

405lbs to 242lbs in less than a year, and still going! The short version of my story.

Fincher31
Fincher31 Posts: 1 Member
I just figured I would let everyone here know how I was doing so far on my weight loss journey...

First, for starters, I am a 5'10" tall male, and I started really trying to lose weight on May 14th 2017. I can actually go back in MyFitnessPal(referred to as MFP for the rest of the post) and see my first weigh in on that date(5-14-17)... I weighed 405lbs. I had officially gained 105lbs in 2 years. On that day, I decided that I was just going to count how many calories I eat, relative to how many I burn in a day, and this is really were MFP helped me out the most. I was easily able to track all of my foods that I eat, and make adjustments were I thought necessary. I am actually not to sure if I would have been able to get this far without a calorie counting app like MFP.

Here I am, almost a year later to the date, on a 350+ day MFP streak, and I have lost 160+lbs so far, with no sign of stopping yet. My goal weight is 190lbs so I still have about another 50 or so pounds to go to get to goal, but I know I will do it. I am so excited to not be considered "Obese" anymore, I'm also excited to be able to finally weigh less than 200lbs for the first time in my adult life. Things are really looking up, and all I had to do was eat less and count the calories I did eat.

I am now adding in some cardio exercise to re-shape my body hopefully. I also have a goal of being able to do at least one pull up, mainly because I have never been able to do a pull up in my life, I will have to let you guys know how I am coming along with that. In parting, I just want to say that losing weight is so possible, with proper motivation, understanding... and a great food tracking app :) thanks MFP, and I would also like to thank the Reddit page r/Loseit for supporting me along the way too. That Reddit page helped me get a understanding on how many calories I burn in a day, and how many I needed to eat in a day to lose weight.

Thanks for reading,

~Finchey

Replies

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Awesome keep up the weight loss! Your body is loving you for it. Congrats. I know you are feeling so much better and it will only get better. :smile:
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Great work! You are doing amazing. Very inspiring.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    your dedication is paying off. You must feel so much better
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome!
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Amazing!! r/Loseit is a great place. I like to lurk there for motivation. I'm glad that MFP and r/loseit are helping you. Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    You are an inspiration!! Congratulations on sticking with it and seeing the results of that!

You mentioned adding in cardio which is great for heart health, among other things. You may want to check into strength training for the body reshape.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    I salute you--great job! Good luck with your future goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!