How do you get rid of the stinky farts caused by veggies?

Options
The only way that I can manage my calories is by adding vegetables to my diet, but they cause a lot of gas and stinky farts. Recently I added yogurt to my diet which helps a little bit with the smell, but not a lot. I know most of you have veggies in your diet. Do you live with it or found a way to eliminate the smell.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I mean, farts smell. Here's some info on what foods make farts smellier: https://www.thrillist.com/health/nation/why-do-my-farts-smell-so-bad.

If you are concerned that you have excess gas or distress over it that much, you might visit with your doctor.

Otherwise, I mean, everybody farts so just fart.
  • raccoonbhm
    raccoonbhm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bean-O if you are really that concerned especially at work.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sometimes new foods will trigger excess smell, but your body slowly adapts. Have u tried taking Beano with your meal that is causing the gas for a week.

Or gas x after?

Uncooked black beans from a can will wreck havoc on my system if I haven't eaten them in months. However if I have been eating them frequently it isn't a problem.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You don't actually. If you consume vegetables regularly, your biome will adapt to efficiently use the fiber in your food. Maybe that will change something.

I've historically had a case of stinky after those rare occasions of consuming asparagus. In the last few months I've added asparagus to my food more often and I don't any longer notice the stinky.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Beano if there is something in particular causing it. I wouldn’t want to be taking beano every time I eat a vegetable though. Farts just smell... maybe it will just take your digestive system some time to more efficiently break these things down, I don’t know. I wouldn’t worry about it though.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Your gut bacterial will change over time and it will deminish.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Beano!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Some vegetables (and food in general) are more smelly than others.

For gas I use simethicone (gas x)
  • xFreudianSlip
    xFreudianSlip Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just let em rip
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Claim it! Be proud!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    embrace it lol
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Better out than in :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it might be embarrassing, but you won't hurt anyone.

You guys, Beano is expensive! Like $5 for 30 of them.