What would this workout fall under?

Options
The last couple of days or so I've been dancing to my music. But its not really dancing though. What I'm doing is wiggling my hips from side to side whilst doing like a power walk type move with my arms (possibly crossed with an uppercut type move and one or two other arm movements)...all while on the spot...also while listening to uptempo songs. I'm also doing that vigorously for the most part, only stopping to skip songs every so often.

So I'm a little confused as to which exercise I should add that as. I've been adding it as Dancing, General, but I'm now wondering if I should be adding it as Aerobics High Impact? Or maybe something else entirely?

Replies

• dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think "Dancing, General" works just great. Hopefully some fitness guru will come along and can tell you precisely what that qualifies as, but if it was my journal I'd log it as that.
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    By the sounds of it (and by the way..your description made me laugh) I would log it as Dancing-General or Aerobic - Step 10-12 inch step...or lastly Aerobic - Step 6 inch step
  • chellabella26
    Options
    What are you doing with your feet? Are you lifting them off the ground, like marching, or are you keeping them on the ground as you move your body? If you are marching then you can call it aerobics, if not then you should stick to dancing or low impact aerobics.
  • matt1986wilson
    Options
    Well I'm keeping my feet on the ground, but I wouldn't exactly call it low impact as I tend to work up quite a sweat. Way more so than when I go for my walks (which last for 40mins or so and burn around 300cals).

And Aerobic step doesn't really sound right as I'm neither stepping nor using a step.

Edited to add that I feel like I'm losing more calories than dancing, general says I am. So I really don't think its that. But I'll stick with that for now unless someone can pinpoint what it is a bit better.