Constipation

Hi,
New to this! Started my diet on Monday, and have stuck to it, however I have a problem. I weighed myself this morning and it seems I have gained 1lb! Can believe especialy because I have stuck to my calorie intake. I haven't been to the toilet since Monday and I am wondering if anyone else has exeprienced this or can give advice?
Thanks!
M

Replies

• sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Try drinking more water? It helped me.
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    are you eating/drinking enough dairy? especially in the morning eating some yogurt or oatmeal with your coffee should help, I know it does for me I can set my watch to my 'morning routine' and on the weekends I notice I am not so regular because I am not eating the same as I do during the week, but really dairy + fiber is important in keeping a healthy digestive system.

hope this helps,
    -C
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    are you eating enough fibre???
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    sometimes when you start a new fitness or eating regime your body takes a week or so to adjust as it is saying 'ahh wahts going on this isnt normal' it should sort itself out given a few days
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    If you've upped your protein intake compared to normal then this will bung you up while your system adjusts.

Make a point of getting lots of fresh fruit and veg down you with every meal. It should sort itself out and you'll see the loss soon. Even though you're sticking inside your calorie goal you may want to be mindful about the quality of foods you put into your body.

I find exercise helps move things also when I'm feeling the way you are. Try 5 - mins of jacks, butt kicks, burpees and skipping.

Good luck!
  • bigmike1974
    bigmike1974 Posts: 51 Member
    Get a decent fibre supplement and drink PLENTY of water. The nice thing with bumping up your fibre intake as well is that you can really nail any hunger pangs (although make sure if you do choose a fibre supplement not to get one rammed full of sugars and maltodextrin).

Good luck!

Mike
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    try and take in more fibre.

good laxative type foods - oranges and orange juice, pineapples and pineapple juice. Raw carrots,. Apricots (especially dried), grapes, raisins, cooked apples, prunes, plums, almonds
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Veggies, water, walking.

You'll get there!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Rhubarb is excellent and so many ways to prep it. I prefer slow baked in the oven with orange zest and a few strips of peel
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Coffee!
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    water, water, water, especially if you have upped your exercise routine. for every 20 mins. you exercise vigorously, you should drink an cup of water. that's on top of your usual water intake. fiber, fiber, fiber, from whole grains and fruits and vegies, it's great for everything, from filling you up so you don't feel hungry to keeping you regular. and walk, walk, walk, get moving to keep you moving. good luck!
  • A tablespoon of wheat bran introduced with one of your meals should do the trick (you can buy natural wheat bran in most health food stores).
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Coffee!

and a cigarette
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Citrucel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!