Entering supplements into food diary

Options
Hello all, I have been a member for about three months and I noticed one thing that I do but I dont see many others do. I add my supplements into the food diary and it cost me between three to five hundered calories. Should I be considering supplements food? I eat the protein shake and vitamin supplement which both carry calories. I am based off a 1500 cal diet which I am usually around but 300 to 500 goes to supplements. I also burn 3000 to 4000 calories a day according to bodybugg. ofcourse when I work out insane my intake of food is much higher but still healthy. Should I stop logging my supplements and eat real food to replace the calories deficit. I am losing weight and toning up real nice but sometimes I want those calories for fruit or a snack. What everyone opinion?

Replies

• DoogieTalons
    Options
    You should log them, I was researching this yesterday for a protein supplement, the fact is they add calories so they should be recorded as such.

If you're working out you probably earn them anyway, and I have learned to keep close to the calorie goal what better way that with something that's doing an extra benefit.