Chocolate brownies anyone?

Options
so i had a visit from my sister in law, who brought some brownies. Now after half hour of battling the temptation to eat one, i gave in and had the whole slice...
Now these were probably the worlds richest most calorific/ fattening brownies, you know the sort, dark chocolate with 2 sticks of butter, icingchoc chips ,like 10 eggs and a litre of cream etc.. You get the idea.
Is there anyone who can help me feel better about it? Because i feel like crap, really disappointed, and can already see 2 extra pounds on my belly...well mentally anyway(i hope).
HELP!!!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This can happen from time to time. When is the last time you gave in like that? Maybe it was a while ago. Having a little treat every now and then is not going to stop or reverse your progress. You're doing more harm by feeling bad about it then you did by actually eating the thing. It's done now. Forgive yourself and move on. Starting right now, you're back on track.
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    Options
    dont beat yourself up over and lose momentum, do some stomach crunches or jumping jacks for a few minutes and (pyscologically) pick yourself back up and get back on track, just a little bump on the road.
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yup - don't beat yourself up about it :)

The way I see it - we're all here to take steps towards eating healthy for life. It would be unrealistic to say we're NEVER going to eat a brownie again! I know I will! It's just balance...

If it makes you feel any better, I scarfed down a cupcake and handful of M&Ms yesterday (special occasion, but still!) I felt grotty afterwards, but I'm getting on my bike and 30 Day Shredding this morning, so it all evens out in the long run ;)
  • Julianacaceres
    Options
    Thanks feeling a little better, will try get some yoga done tonight.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try and get some exercise in today to make you feel better. I had a hugely calorific meal at the weekend and at my weight in yesterday i'd still lost 2lb...
  • lauradupree
    Options
    I think you should give yourself the freedom to have something like that once in a while (not more than once a month). It is good for you to see that something that is sinfully delicious (occasionally and in reasonable serving sizes) won't sabotage your diet. Enjoy the moment, and then go back into diet mode. It will be okay. I allow myself to enjoy my favorite dessert once a month no matter how high in calories (per serving), and I have been steadily losing between one and two pounds per week. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I hope you really enjoyed them, because next time you aren't going to let her leave more than one little one are you?
    I try to use these types of occasions (and I have a few too many of them for my liking!) as a reason to try to work out a better plan of how to avoid the temptation next time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the brownie sounds goooooooooooooood!

Enjoy the brownie, then tomorrow ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!! or do a bit more of whatever exercise you do, and forget about it.

one brownie wont make any difference. 1 brownie, feeling bad, and eating a pizza and a litre of ice cream will! dont let the brownie win!!