Plato?

Options
I have lost 45 pounds and I haven't left 155 for almost 2 weeks. Nothing has dropped and I do yoga and a fitness challenge as well. Idk what a going on but I'm 5 pounds away from my first goal and i still look disgusting to me.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    As said above, two weeks isn't a plateau.

What is your height? Age? Activity level? How many calories are you consuming?
    Are you using a food scale and weighing all your food?
    Have you recently changed your workout routine?
    Are you nearing TOM?

All of these things can/will affect your rate of loss.

At 155, you don't have much to lose, so the weight is going to come off more slowly. Weight loss isn't linear. You may see no change for a few weeks, then drop 2 lbs overnight. Once you're sure you're calorie goal is right and you are logging accurate, stick with it, it will work. :)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

ETA: Many of us have a pattern of +/- 3 weeks no scale change then "whoosh" 3 weeks worth of loss in a day or two. As @Wendyanneroberts mentions, especially closer to goal. You're doing great. Press on.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

ETA: Many of us have a pattern of +/- 3 weeks no scale change then "whoosh" 3 weeks worth of loss in a day or two. As @Wendyanneroberts mentions, especially closer to goal. You're doing great. Press on.

Yep
    The three week stagnation and whoosh was how the entirety of my loss went.
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I might be nearing it. But my calorie intake is 1388 I lessened it a bit. I do yoga and I do as much exercise as I can do to fibromyalgia. I dont weigh anything I don't have a scale but I count every calorie or measure some things out. I haven't been this thin since a child so I guess I shouldn't complain but its frustrating!
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't a plateau. That said, are you logging to hit a specific calorie goal? If so, have you adjusted your goal since losing 45 pounds?

No I haven't changed my calorie Intake. I'm taking in 1388 or less a day.i tweaked it a little when. I started for a little under what was recommended.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    3vzepwjge35q.jpg
  • lizzyfit2
    lizzyfit2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ^^^^thank you for this diagram! <3:#:)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sej1990 wrote: »
    I might be nearing it. But my calorie intake is 1388 I lessened it a bit. I do yoga and I do as much exercise as I can do to fibromyalgia. I dont weigh anything I don't have a scale but I count every calorie or measure some things out. I haven't been this thin since a child so I guess I shouldn't complain but its frustrating!

exercise has nothing to do with weight loss,being in a calorie deficit does. execise can make your body look better and its good for your health. as for measuring cups for solids and semi solids its going to be very inaccurate(I learned that the hard way).

as for calories when you lose 10-20 lbs you should recalculate MFP and put in your new weight. you cant eat the same amount of calories @45 lbs higher,when you are a lower weight now. so Iwould go back and put in your new weight and how much you need to lose still. so if you started out eating 1388 and you were 45 lbs higher then you need to eat less.but you could be retaining water too due to many factors and that can mask weight loss as well.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    as for calories when you lose 10-20 lbs you should recalculate MFP and put in your new weight. you cant eat the same amount of calories @45 lbs higher,when you are a lower weight now. so Iwould go back and put in your new weight and how much you need to lose still. so if you started out eating 1388 and you were 45 lbs higher then you need to eat less.but you could be retaining water too due to many factors and that can mask weight loss as well.

That depends on the deficit she started with. It's very unlikely she'd need to go down any further than she is already. I lost 50 lbs at 1600c without ever changing my goal. It just comes off slower a you lose, as it should.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »

That depends on the deficit she started with. It's very unlikely she'd need to go down any further than she is already. I lost 50 lbs at 1600c without ever changing my goal. It just comes off slower a you lose, as it should.

you are supposed to recalculate for every 10-20 lbs loss. the less you weigh the less calories your body needs to maintain that weight. yes it comes off slower as you lose as it should come off slower. But if she started out with say 1000 calorie deficit in the beginning that deficit now may not be sustainable for her body. so when she puts in her new weight it will give her a different amount of calories.

If I were to eat the same 2000+ calories I did when I first started losing I would gain weight.because my body would be in a surplus of calories now. so yes I had/have to eat less calories to keep losing. sure it will depend on her activity level as well but for most people they arent going to be able to eat the same amount of calories the whole way through. That would be like saying that a person 400 lbs who eats 5000 calories a day can eat those 5000 calories at 200 lbs. they would most likely be in a surplus of calories eating 5000 calories at 200 lbs and would gain weight. unless extremely active and burning a LOT of calories. and it would be hard to burn 3000 calories a day for most people
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    If she were eating 2000+ calories, I'd agree. She's eating 1380. That is not going to put her in a surplus.

I did not say it would put her in a surplus though,I said for me if I ate the same that I did when I started I would be in a surplus.. you were saying that you ate the same amount of calories throughout your weight loss. it doesnt work that way for everyone. and since she is not weighing her food then its possible she is eating more than she thinks.

not to mention with mfp you are supposed to recalculate your goals and weight loss every 10-20 lbs or so. not everyone can eat the same amount of calories the whole time was my point. also the closer you are to goal weight the slower weight loss is going to be of course.

Im even more active now than I was when I first started and still cant eat the same amount of calories I did when starting out because I have less fat and weigh less so my body burns less calories than it did when I was obese.