dont feel like going for a walk,.. let-a-lone a jog!!!

Options
oh man......... sooo dont feel like going for a walk let-a-lone a jog!!... how do you guys do it ??? doing ... welll i did one day of the first week... and i should be doing the day 2 of the 1st week...

how do you get started???!!!... i just dont wanna go lol.. but i should..

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    also, its for the C25K thing ...lol.. might help...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I go first thing in the morning, then I don't have time to change my mind!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Give yourself enough time between the workouts to recover enough, if you're not ready for the next week, keep doing the 1st week until you are ready. I just started my week 2 tonight(still sweating from it lol), it was challenging but doable!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I really love running and my motivation is to spend 45-60 minutes by myself with music and no one tugging on my pants or pulling my hair. And I get away from the kids, too.
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I'm TRULY feeling like I don't want to do it, I tell myself I can quit after 10 minutes. Just go for 10 minutes and if you're still miserable, then stop. Usually, I'm like "Well I'm already here and sweaty, I may as well make the most of it." I'm doing week 4 of C25K right now and I've found it gets kind of addicting. I'm actually starting to like running for the first time in my life. The loss I've been seeing almost every week is good motivation too. Just find the motivation to start--things that are in motion stay in motion :P Feel free to add me if ya want a C25K buddy!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    For me it was the goal that motivated me. The first week was really tough. REALLY tough. I repeated it 6 times and then moved on. It wasn't until I got to about week 6 that I thought maybe I was going to be able to finish it. But I had set a goal for myself and I wanted to achieve it. I had an online support group that really helped me and a neighbor that is a runner that was really encouraging, but it was all about me wanting to get to that goal. The day I graduated I started sobbing in the middle of the street, but it was a happy thing. I had never set a really big exercise goal for myself and achieved it before. I now love going out in the morning, smiling and waving at the other runners and walkers, and having an hour to myself to think before my day starts. I can't imagine how I survived without it!

That was what worked for me, only you can figure out what will work for you. Rewards at the end of every week? Goals to work towards? A support group or running partner? A race you really want to run in? A beautiful route to run that will make you happy? New music every week to motivate you? You (and only you) can do this. :smile:
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm not the jogger (unless it's at work then it's a full out run...survival of the fittest I swear)...but when I don't feel like it I just have to mentally kick myself in the rump and do it...I know I don't want to, but once I'm out doing it I'm fine and happy...
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    You don't give your self the option to not go. Get your shoes on and walk out the door; the rest will follow. That's it. Do not allow yourself to give up or fail. It is NOT an option!
  • JohnnyLittlefield
    Options
    Depending on your ability right now, you can do 2 miles in 30-45 minutes. Depending on your weight, that means a calorie burn of between 150-210 pounds, based on the following article:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/296939-how-many-calories-are-burned-going-two-miles-in-30-minutes/

Some ideas:
    - ask a friend to walk with you. Having someone who is counting on you to show up helps you not back down when you don't feel like going.

- if you are not going with a friend, take an audio book with you, one that you really enjoy and are caught up in the story; something like a good mystery or maybe a Harry Potter book. You might find that you walk for longer time than you planned, because of the audiobook. Also, make it a little more enticing towards the walking, by only allowing yourself to listen to the audiobook when you are out walking, that way you will desire to get out and walk because of your interest in the book.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    sigh... i just gotta force mysel to do it... lol i think the main part of it is when i have to get dressed for it,,.. ladies .. the bloody sports bra, then everything else and my shoes... once i'm dressed i am a little more modivated to go.... urgh, ok.. gonna go get dressed, and make my self go, i know i will feel better once i'm either outside, or on the treadmill (20mins away).. just getting there, glad losing weight is mostly about the food..lol. i can do that bit no worries :).. thanks everyone...
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Dizzieferg is spot on: wanting (or not wanting, as the case may be) has nothing to do with it. You choose to go ... or you choose to not go.

One of my MFP pals wrote something a while back that has really stuck with me. This journey isn't about motivation, it's about doing what's necessary. And that's about it. Powerful thought, and a great mindset.

I encourage you to start thinking differently now, and just ... go. But in the end, clearly, it's up to you.

Let us know what you decided! (How's THAT for accountability?) :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    *dragging self out the door*.............. i'll thank you guys later .... maybe :P
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    i have a confession............. i didnt go for a walk/ jog.. nothing... :/ kinda annoyed at me, but i really didnt wanna go, so part of me is like *rolling its eyes at me and saying.. "jeezzz, go tommorrow".. and other part of me is standing there with its hands on its hips...saying " you know u really should have gone today, you would have felt great!!! "
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    i have a confession............. i didnt go for a walk/ jog.. nothing... :/ kinda annoyed at me, but i really didnt wanna go, so part of me is like *rolling its eyes at me and saying.. "jeezzz, go tommorrow".. and other part of me is standing there with its hands on its hips...saying " you know u really should have gone today, you would have felt great!!! "

Just go tomorrow and don't sweat it. As long as you keep it up you'll get to your goals!
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options

Just go tomorrow and don't sweat it. As long as you keep it up you'll get to your goals!

i did go the next day, i went in the morning... but i felt ILL!!! i didnt take water with me, and i walk/jogged outside, was odd i only got half way through and had to walk the rest,... i hadnt eated yet for the morning nor had i drank much either...... but i did try, soooo gonna attempt to do week 1 again.. and use the tredmill. i did find that easier to jog on..., thanks for the advice and encouragement.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey, im on the C25K track and finished week 2 last night.

Im no walker, let alone jogger either! i forced my way through the first week and on day 3 i was able to do the whole 60 sec run things for the full 20 minutes, without being too tired and dying on my feet! it was an amazin feeling when compared to just 5 days earlyer when i was almost dead, burnt out in 12 mins and practically rolling home, and sat in the shower for 30 mins afterwards lol.

uping the ante at the beging of week2 almost killed me again! and yesterday i finished week2 i wasnt out of breath got home and played with dogs for half hour to warm down before my shower, i felt amaizin! When i finished yesterday i honestly felt as though i could have done it all again!

Added to this i have lost 7 pounds just doing C25K so far (proper weigh-in is on saturday to get a true weight), and my body already changing, i can see it happening!

its not easy, infact its bloody difficult! (for me anyway) but oh its worth it so far, im doing better than i ever thought i would been able to! You just got to remember to put in the effort to wreak the rewards :)

Hope this helps spur you on! Honestly i feel emense for doing this :)

Add me anyone doing C25K, always looking for buddys! :)
  • dsmithy111
    Options
    I go jogging about 6 days a week and 3 or 4 of those 6 days I absolutely DON'T want to go!! I have a coffee shop thats about a 5 minute jog away from home and I say to myself each time I go out that all I have to do is mke it as far as that coffee shop. By the time I get there, if I don't feel like going on, I can just head in and have a nice cup of coffee instead. Amazingly enough, every time I get to the coffee shop, I actually DO feel like continuing. Why not pick a destination that's close to you and use that as your motivation to get and moving? You may be surprised at how you feel by the time you reach your destination!!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Its not you don't feel like its you don't like so do something else like someone did jumping jacks in place for 5 mins. I posted Idid jogging in place for 30mins one of my friends on MFP held me to it so I had to do it. It was tough but I did it in 10 min intervals. You could get up early and watch an exercise show and follow along or do what I do start gradually and build up to 30mins within the 1st hour of waking up do stretch and aerobic or step exercises including Yoga if you know any. Or join a dance class. the bottom line do something you like. My friend exercises some routine while lying on the bed?
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Hey, im on the C25K track and finished week 2 last night.

Im no walker, let alone jogger either! i forced my way through the first week and on day 3 i was able to do the whole 60 sec run things for the full 20 minutes, without being too tired and dying on my feet! it was an amazin feeling when compared to just 5 days earlyer when i was almost dead, burnt out in 12 mins and practically rolling home, and sat in the shower for 30 mins afterwards lol.

uping the ante at the beging of week2 almost killed me again! and yesterday i finished week2 i wasnt out of breath got home and played with dogs for half hour to warm down before my shower, i felt amaizin! When i finished yesterday i honestly felt as though i could have done it all again!

Added to this i have lost 7 pounds just doing C25K so far (proper weigh-in is on saturday to get a true weight), and my body already changing, i can see it happening!

its not easy, infact its bloody difficult! (for me anyway) but oh its worth it so far, im doing better than i ever thought i would been able to! You just got to remember to put in the effort to wreak the rewards :)

Hope this helps spur you on! Honestly i feel emense for doing this :)

Add me anyone doing C25K, always looking for buddys! :)

i know i just gotta keep trying,.. and make it happen!!! its tooo easy for me to just say no, and not do it.. when i think its an amazing goal and an attainable one at that, which isnt weight related, that .... i can focus on... lol.. but i just gotta do it!! so i'm gonna start again, and do it three times a week!!! :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    I go jogging about 6 days a week and 3 or 4 of those 6 days I absolutely DON'T want to go!! I have a coffee shop thats about a 5 minute jog away from home and I say to myself each time I go out that all I have to do is mke it as far as that coffee shop. By the time I get there, if I don't feel like going on, I can just head in and have a nice cup of coffee instead. Amazingly enough, every time I get to the coffee shop, I actually DO feel like continuing. Why not pick a destination that's close to you and use that as your motivation to get and moving? You may be surprised at how you feel by the time you reach your destination!!

i would so go in!!! lol.. i know what your saying, and i know the perfect spot, ( thats if i run outdoors... ) theres a spot i can loop back to home.... or miss it and keep going!!. or i can make my self go to the gym, and spend extra time there, after i do my c25k.. i felt more comfitable at the gym.. as i had no one watching me wobble as i ran ( who cared.. every ones at the gym for the same reason ) people on the street.. glare at you, and i had a young fella. say "wholly....." something rather..( i had my ipod on ) and i know full well he was making fun of me... people suck.. but anyways ..... i'm gonna give it a better shot this time around!! :)