I need to ADD calories?!

Options
Who knew?? I've only been on MFP for 4 days. No freakin wonder I'm tired all the time. I'm getting far less than 1200 calories a day! But I don't feel hungry. I don't notice until like 8 or 9 p.m. and I know that I don't need to eat that late at night if I"m trying to lose weight (and I am.) So, what should I do to bulk up my calories but keep it healthy? I am really new (a couple months) to watching my diet and REALLY REALLY new to calorie counting. As in 4 days. lol. I've just been trying to make healthier eating choices for the past few months though so I guess before that all my other calories were big fat empty ones.
Any pointers???

Replies

• rachel92782
    Options
    Who knew?? I've only been on MFP for 4 days. No freakin wonder I'm tired all the time. I'm getting far less than 1200 calories a day! But I don't feel hungry. I don't notice until like 8 or 9 p.m. and I know that I don't need to eat that late at night if I"m trying to lose weight (and I am.) So, what should I do to bulk up my calories but keep it healthy? I am really new (a couple months) to watching my diet and REALLY REALLY new to calorie counting. As in 4 days. lol. I've just been trying to make healthier eating choices for the past few months though so I guess before that all my other calories were big fat empty ones.
    Any pointers???
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Any pointers???

How about adding in some of these higher cal foods but healthy ones. nuts, PB, milk, avocados, that sort of thing, you could make a trailmix of raw almonds and raisins.....that help out a bit?:drinker:

Well at least you figured it out pretty early on in the game:wink: You'll have a ton of energy now that you've realized you need to bump the cals up a bit:happy:

FC:heart:
  • sblades
    Options
    Plan plan plan.
    You could enter in all your food for the next day, the night before, so you plan to eat in a balanced way, spreading out your calories etc, getting all your food groups in, etc. It's more like a mental check once you've eaten something tomorrow that you can verify. And, if you exercise tomorrow, you can eat more!
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem with not getting in enough calories and it was because I was not eating anything before 12:30 pm each day. So, I looked to see where there were long spans of time throughout the day when I wasn't eating and added a snack like a protein bar or cottage cheese or fruit. I found this to help a lot and I have a much more balanced eating schedule now.
  • rachel92782
    Options
    I was having the same problem with not getting in enough calories and it was because I was not eating anything before 12:30 pm each day. So, I looked to see where there were long spans of time throughout the day when I wasn't eating and added a snack like a protein bar or cottage cheese or fruit. I found this to help a lot and I have a much more balanced eating schedule now.

I'm thinking this is something similar to what I need to do. At least with the time spans. Protein though. No. I was just looking back at "My Home" and finally found out how to see how much carbs, fat, and protein MFP says I need daily and protein is all I'm getting enough of. Hmm... However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can have A LOT more carbs. lol noodles.... mmmmmmm