Cup of tea?

Options
How do you count tea??

I have seen tea that is 13 calories with semi skimmed milk, or tea that is 27 not sure which one its falls into

technically its not much difference but I like alot of tea - currently going with 27 cals

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Or make your own recipe and keep it private on here then you can just clck on it when you have it.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT of tea ... I weighed out the milk I put in it for a while and figured, that I usually put about 25ml of milk in it. That's how I list it, which is about 16 calories, and I use full fat milk in my tea. 27 seems quite high to me, unless you like it quite milky ...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    it depends on how MUCH milk...

log the tea as just the tea bag, count the water as 1 watewr, and put and milk or sweetener on the next line in your diary by themselves.
    It takes me 3 lines to log a coffee..
    K-Cup
    Splenda
    Skim Milk

I put the cup on the scale and pour till I like the color and enter the grams of skim in my diary. Usually 80 or 100 g.
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    I dont count tea or coffee,
    I measure my milk allowance every morning, and just use that in my coffee
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't count the tea but I roughly put 100ml's of semi skimmed milk in mine (no sugar) & allow 49 cals for it.
    I've saved it as a food so I can input when I have one - I drink one of those huge mugs hence the 100ml (",)
  • kittynat
    kittynat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't count my drinks of coffee at all!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea/coffee. I use splenda or stevia and don't add any milk/cream. If you use cream, milk, or sugar, you'll probably want to log those.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea/coffee. I use splenda or stevia and don't add any milk/cream. If you use cream, milk, or sugar, you'll probably want to log those.

no milk with tea!!!!
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was counting tea with milk at about 45 calories with semi-skimmed! I have been drinking more coffee lately and taking it black otherwise it was really adding up. Although I've recently discovered skimmed milk and like it just as much as semi-skimmed which is great.

Anyway, as for logging, there is already tea/coffee with different milks added so I log them as snacks using those when I remember to!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like skimmed but at work we only have semi

I love tea
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just count the milk I have added in it... Also I don't add sugar or anything in it so...
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have 2 coffees a day with a splenda and a splash of semi skimmed. I was using a Nescafe one which showed up as 25 calories a cup but when I looked into it, it had zero macros! So I just worked out the nutritional values myself from the milk and splenda and amended it. Now it comes up as 15 calories per cup and it actually logs the protein and fat from the milk.
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    I drink TONS of tea a day, and its really important to add the calories as the milk content certainly has the calories and fat content you should be including in your daily allowance.. I add mine at 11kcls a cup (using semi skimmed milk).. but the most efficient way would be too measure out a certain amount of milk a day and say that is your max allowance... i have this mini bottle of milk (250ml size) and I just fill that as my guideline.. that filled is about 120 calories in that little bottle.. however, there is loads of teas worth in there..