Looking to lose 100 pounds in a year!

Options
Need support and motivation. I really want to do it this time. 220 at 5'3"... looking to be 120 this time next year! Anyone on a similar journey? Add me!

Replies

• christielee1984
    christielee1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 241lbs. I want to lose 100lb in a year
  • camoprincess0591
    camoprincess0591 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 80 pounds. I'm down 10.2 so far working out 30 min a day 3 to 4 days a week. Started March 20.
  • lindalovesllamas
    lindalovesllamas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! What is your calorie intake if you dont mind me asking
  • vtek79
    vtek79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive lost almost 20 watching carbs and eating more fat and protein, gonna start hitting the gym tomorrow!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just to make sure your expectations are realistic, so you don't end up disappointed, and that you're not trying to eat too little and/or poorly, so you start rebound eating, and end up disappointed and miserable: A realistic and healthy weightloss is up to 1% of your bodyweight per week, and even this rate decreases as you lose weight. How close you can get to your optimal rate, depends on setting an optimal calorie target, and how consistently you're sticking to it. How consistently you can stick to it, depends on your willingness to do so; your willingness depends on many factors, for instance, the value you ascribe to weightloss and improved health, how smooth your new habits feel, and how fed up your are with the lifestyle that made and keeps you overweight.

For reference, I'm the same height as you, my goal weight is 121-125, and I reached that in a little over a year - but my start weight was 177.
  • GinaMcAlliser
    GinaMcAlliser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 243 currently. I gained over 100 lbs with my baby. I lost about 60 lbs of it but struggling to lose the rest. I also want to be my goal weight of around 140.
  • josharnold2498
    josharnold2498 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it given enough dedication and effort. I went from 300 to 195 in a year and that was just from exercising regularly and cutting back my intake. That was a couple years ago now, had to take a break from focussing on weight loss when life got busy but in that time I've still managed to get down to 175. I'm on the home stretch now, my goal is 165 and plan to get there before the end of this year