Suggestions for Low Carb Foods & Snacks

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for low carb foods and/or snacks? I like to enjoy my food. I'd rather eat one low carb cookie that contains real sugar than to eat 9 low carb cookies that contain "fake" sugar! Also, I prefer regular versions as opposed to "fat-free" stuff because a lot of fat-free items increase the sodium. I would rather work off fat; you can't work off sodium.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big sweets eater, but I really like the Kashi brand cookies. They have like 12 g of fiber per cookie so very low net carb and are pretty filling so eating one is satisfying. Otherwise I'd suggest carrot or celery sticks with nut butter, or just nuts.
  • Richard170
    Options
    Sugar is a carb and arguable the very worst form of carbs.

I eat a lot of low carb snacks such as nuts, olives, and avocados.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ham or turkey or chicken or something and cheese wrapped up with whatever veggies you like inside of them, or with lettuce wrapping it up. Deeeelicious.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tuna, eggs, turkey bacon, celery, cauliflower, dill pickles, chicken, cucumbers, milk, salad...

The mini dill pickles have been so fun for me. They fill my salty and crunch needs!
    Good luck!

bump
  • sabrina2_8
    Options
    What foods can I eat to make me feel full . I am always hungry . Help !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What foods can I eat to make me feel full . I am always hungry . Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Sabrina, up the water intake and munch on raw veggies. It gets better!!!
  • ComedienneCrystalP
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!