Help : Macros to get me started

Options
bryansimca20
bryansimca20 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
I’m a student, lightly active usually walk 8000-10000 steps a day, spends most of my time at home studying/doing homeworks but i go out sometimes 174cm, age is 20, usually work out 4 times a week, usually do a 2 30 minute cardio a week(i usually do incline treadmill, 300+ calories burned according to the machine)

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Just go with the defaults for carbs/fats/protein. Adjust if you think it's necessary based on how you feel after your first month.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I’m a student, lightly active usually walk 8000-10000 steps a day, spends most of my time at home studying/doing homeworks but i go out sometimes 174cm, age is 20, usually work out 4 times a week, usually do a 2 30 minute cardio a week(i usually do incline treadmill, 300+ calories burned according to the machine)

MFP macros are fine, just treat fat and protein as a minimum
  • minitoff1
    minitoff1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

MFP macros are fine, just treat fat and protein as a minimum

Agree 100% - I tend to try and watch sugar and carbs and keep them as low as possible. But don't get too hung up on it.

I tend to find if you want to push yourself a little more and look a little leaner increase percentages of food going into protein and decrease carbs accordingly ( but nothing too drastic or crazy)