30 Day Shred - Starting May 1rst - Want to join me?

Options

Replies

• justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi all! I started the 30DS on April 30th, so I'll be doing Day 4 in a little bit. Pushups are the hardest part for me, so thats the one thing I have to do the modified version of.
  • clover_23
    clover_23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same... Not quite up to full push ups. But day 3 done!
  • katsykes78
    katsykes78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Took day 3 as rest day due to niggly knee. Doing my own workout (strength training) at the gym today. Gonna do shred on days I am not at gym (go 3 days a week). With 1 rest day a week. Eek that means 6 consecutive days of exercise no rest!
  • katsykes78
    katsykes78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I struggle with press ups to! Keep up the good work everyone
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Press ups are SO hard!! I’m just trying to do as many proper ones as I can (and that’s literally like 2...) then switch to modified.

I injured my knee about a year ago and the jumping jacks set it off, so I’m just going to sub butt kicks for jumping jacks.

Off to do day 3!
  • 2bfit3388
    2bfit3388 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Day 5 yeh!!!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea, so count me in!
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options
    Day 5 done! Still am not up to standard push up form yet, but I'm finding I can do more modified reps each time. So that's progress!

Quick question, are we supposed to have one rest day each week?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Day 5 done! Still am not up to standard push up form yet, but I'm finding I can do more modified reps each time. So that's progress!

In a podcast years ago, she said it was meant to be done 3-4 days a week.

**Currently listening to 2011 podcasts from her to try and find it.**
  • shadow2soul
    Options

Okay so looks like she mentioned in late Dec 2008 on a radio show. The only trace I can find of the podcasts from that show are on a website that wants Credit card information to download them.
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually do one rest day. Yesterday for me. I'm just wiped out on Fridays!

I still can't do a real push up! Modified for me. Someday!

Awesome job and keep it going everyone!
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished for today! I put my phone in front of the TV, turned down Jillian's voice and watched an episode of The 100 while I was doing it. Went by quick!
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options

Okay so looks like she mentioned in late Dec 2008 on a radio show. The only trace I can find of the podcasts from that show are on a website that wants Credit card information to download them.

Thanks for the info :)
    I'll just make Sunday my rest day so I can recover to move onto the next level Monday. 3-4 days seems a little light seeing how it's such a short workout.
  • Stardust5000
    Stardust5000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually started this on Tuesday so I’m up to speed with you guys on day 5!
    If you listen to her intro on the first video she says to do 4-5 times a week but be sure to take at least one rest day.
    I can’t coordinate myself for running man so I substitute high knees instead.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    Options
    Well I just finished Week 1! I almost took my rest day today, but I pushed myself to do it, so now I can take it easy tomorrow.

Hope everyones weekend is going well, and stay strong!
  • clover_23
    Options
    If it's only supposed to be done 3-4 times a week, how many days are you supposed to do per level? I just thought it was an every day workout for 30 days. Wasn't planning on resting since it's only 20 minutes. I finished day 5 last night in my hotel room. Lol.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    clover_23 wrote: »
    If it's only supposed to be done 3-4 times a week, how many days are you supposed to do per level? I just thought it was an every day workout for 30 days. Wasn't planning on resting since it's only 20 minutes. I finished day 5 last night in my hotel room. Lol.

6 days at each level if I calculated correctly.

From what I read Jillian said to do it something like:
    2 Days 30DS Level 1
    1 Day Cardio or Resistance Training
    2 Days 30DS Level 1
    1 Day Rest
    2 Days 30DS Level 1
    2 Days 30DS Level 2
    And so on

I wish I could listen to the actual podcast where she said it, but as I said above the only site that I can find with those old podcasts requires credit card information to download it.
  • Sel118
    Sel118 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian 's 30ds on 7th April along with her 6 week 6 pack dvd. It's been tough but so worth it! I've just started level 2 last week (for both 30ds and 6w6p) but am already seeing results. For the first time ever (36 yrs old with 2 kids) I have obliques and my tummy looks toned! When I first started I thought I was fit but her workouts killed me, could barely walk for days but now I feel so much fitter. It's definately worth it :)
  • clover_23
    Options
    Sel118 wrote: »
    I started Jillian 's 30ds on 7th April along with her 6 week 6 pack dvd. It's been tough but so worth it! I've just started level 2 last week (for both 30ds and 6w6p) but am already seeing results. For the first time ever (36 yrs old with 2 kids) I have obliques and my tummy looks toned! When I first started I thought I was fit but her workouts killed me, could barely walk for days but now I feel so much fitter. It's definately worth it :)

So you're doing them together? Are you alternating doing 30ds one day and then 6 week 6 pack the next? I haven't tried the latter, but I think I will after 30ds. I'll have 5 weeks once I'm done before my vacation!

I've finished day 6. I'm probably just going to do 30 days straight.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m a bit late to the party but I’m looking to do my first 30 day shred today. I have been waiting for my knee to recover from an injury. I may have to do an alternative to lunges.