Over Eating Sodium

Options
Hi , I was just wodnering if anyone can tell me is thete any way to get more allowance for sodium on this app if youve over eaten intake for the day.

I know to drink water , bananas , cardio etc but how can I burn off them mgs that I've over eaten and get them removed from my tracker?

Replies

• Reed039
    Reed039 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Exercise does not increase one's allotment of sodium in the app, however over consuming sodium is not a concern for the vast majority of the population (unless you're in the very small minority and are sodium sensitive).
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Going over your macro for sodium intake isn't something you can "reverse" but you can change your macro settings to give yourself a higher daily allowance. Go to "Goals" on your profile and then click "Edit" on your micronutrients and you can set your allowances. Sodium may cause you to retain water which may show up as "weight" on your scale so it's helpful to track it, but it's not a deal breaker for weight loss.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You can change your goals for specific nutrients under settings. The sodium goal given by MFP is very low and outdated according to the latest research, which indicates no increase in mortality at levels twice that high.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Hi , I was just wodnering if anyone can tell me is thete any way to get more allowance for sodium on this app if youve over eaten intake for the day.

I know to drink water , bananas , cardio etc but how can I burn off them mgs that I've over eaten and get them removed from my tracker?

You don't "burn off" sodium -- it's a mineral, and your body doesn't use it for energy.