To Die Penniliess

Options
2»

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wished my paternal grandfather didn't leave anything behind. Found out in February, that my father's half siblings and their children have been living off the sales of my grandfather's properties for the past 27 years. Here I was thinking they were like us, the descendents of his first wife, living off our own blood, sweat and tears. No ... They sold off the last home for $5M, which they've quickly divided amongst themselves. Apparently, a silly cousin of mine spent all of his share on a car. The car is worth US$300K I'm told, then you'd need to add customs et al to offload that in the islands ... With all the potholes ?? ... Crazy.

My Papa should have spent it all.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be the epitome of perfect planning?

Even better yet, I want the last check I wrote to bounce.

Now that is time management.

Why not leave your kids some debt? Give ‘me a little project to work on when you’re gone :D

Who know? Maybe if you left them with an inheritance it would tear them apart.. think of all the strife they may have amongst each other as to who gets what :D

There’s something to this. You know how in movies the guy knows he’s bad for the girl so he’s a dillhole to her so she won’t cry over him even though secretly he broke down in the shower one time because it pained him to hurt someone he loved and then he steeled himself to feeling any emotions to prevent ever loving anyone ever again and this drives him to become a surly drunk until she comes back eighteen years later and says here meet your child that I bore and raised this whole time just so I could come today and be a martyr and by the way one or both of us is sick or something and we need your help or part of an organ or we’ll die so he kicks the drinking habit and shaves off his glorious scruff to rise up to the challenge of becoming the man he once was and could only be with her because this movie emasculates men to make women feel empowered and they all live happily ever after? I don’t remember where I was going with this analogy
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Who know? Maybe if you left them with an inheritance it would tear them apart.. think of all the strife they may have amongst each other as to who gets what :D

Exactly. They'd called a family meeting - it's a chauvinistic family, so our brother attends and represents our branch. He informs them that he will honour our father's decision to not receive monies stemming from the sale(s) of our grandfather's properties. Arguments ensued right there as to how my father's cut would be divided. Our brother thought it was a sad scene to witness. Greed and desperation.

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I just hope my last words are “I buried the money under...”
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Why not leave your kids some debt? Give ‘me a little project to work on when you’re gone :D

There’s something to this. You know how in movies the guy knows he’s bad for the girl so he’s a dillhole to her so she won’t cry over him even though secretly he broke down in the shower one time because it pained him to hurt someone he loved and then he steeled himself to feeling any emotions to prevent ever loving anyone ever again and this drives him to become a surly drunk until she comes back eighteen years later and says here meet your child that I bore and raised this whole time just so I could come today and be a martyr and by the way one or both of us is sick or something and we need your help or part of an organ or we’ll die so he kicks the drinking habit and shaves off his glorious scruff to rise up to the challenge of becoming the man he once was and could only be with her because this movie emasculates men to make women feel empowered and they all live happily ever after? I don’t remember where I was going with this analogy

And now I need to go have a Lifetime channel binge. Thanks.
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I want my money buried in the coffin with me. Then whoever's brave enough to go in and get it afterwards has truly earned it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

And now I need to go have a Lifetime channel binge. Thanks.

You get me. :)
  • caco_ethes
    edited May 2018
    Options

:s that was such a long-winded sentence. Can you add grammar and re-explain it? I’m having trouble understanding

This is funny to me for so many reasons :joy:

@ChaelAZ you’ll appreciate this
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

:s that was such a long-winded sentence. Can you add grammar and re-explain it? I’m having trouble understanding

I'm just waiting for the movie.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Don’t you take his side
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

Look for it soon...on Lifetime.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Look for it soon...on Lifetime.

Don’t act like you haven’t read every book just like it
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dying penniless isn't the problem....living penniless is
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    What if you die in debt but have no one to be burdened by it...kinda sounds like a win to me