What to do at the Wisconsin Dells

Options
shellbell1993
shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
Any suggestion on what to to and where to camp near or in the Dells.... What waterparks are the best etc.....
Thanks

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yogi Bear Campground!!! Seriously. I grew up in Milwaukee, and we went to the Dells every summer.
    Be sure to go to Noah's Ark! SOOOO fun!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yogi Bear Campground!!! Seriously. I grew up in Milwaukee, and we went to the Dells every summer.

^^^YES!!!^^^
  • SarahRoseMiranda
    Options
    I used to go to Wis Dells every year! Fun times. Anyways, we never really camped, so I can't help you there, but Noah's Ark is great, as well as the other greek themed one (I can't remember the name). But I want to say to make sure to walk the down town strip after you're done at the water park. There is the best fudge around that you can watch them make, old time photos, haunted houses, tons of souveneir (sp?) shops, Ripley's believe it or not, a wax museum and much more! It's all on one street so all is within walking distance of each other. It's a ton of fun for adults and children alike :) Have a great time!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Agreed...Noah's Ark is extremely fun! Their downtown area is really cute too, lots of neat little shops.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you have never been there before you really do need to do the Dells Army Duck tour...very scenic and I think about an hour long. We went to both Noah's Ark Waterpark and Mt. Olympus...both can get quite busy with long line ups to go down waterslides. Our kids enjoyed Noah's Ark much more and even said they liked Noah's Ark better than Blizzard Beach in Disneyworld!!

And if you like outlet shopping they have a great outlet mall! :D
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

^^^YES!!!^^^

I agree!!!!
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    We live about 2 hours away and go there often! Noah's Ark is awesome for all family members, Also Tommy Bartlet's Exploratorium is fun too! And I totally agree with the other posters - walk down the main street, it lots of fun. There are also two State parks within 30 min drive that are wonderful for hiking and water activities! Have fun!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Dells originally! What ages are your kids? That depends on what is best :)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...heidiberr the children are 4,11,13!!
    I appreciate all your input :)