Trying to lose weight and STARVING

Options
balla8701
balla8701 Posts: 5 Member
So I am determined to lose this weight I have put on my calorie intake is 1320 my third day and I’m so damn starving by the time I get off from work that I have bad headaches and ready to give up!!! What are some things I can eat or do that will make me feel full longer???

Replies

• iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    How about a big green salad with some protein added in, like beans, tuna, chicken, an egg, etc.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you have a headache, try eating a small carby snack like a piece of fruit. Even better add some protein and fat to keep you feeling full longer. If you exercise, you can earn several hundred more calories a day, which may make meals easier. 1320 is tough, for me 1600 is much easier. And three hundred calories is very doable in less than an hour.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My trick is a serving of Quick Oats with 2 tbsp SF syrup. Very filling, and only 167 calories. It really helps me to feel full if I need it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight, and how many lbs are you set to lose per week?
  • mayareagan10mr
    mayareagan10mr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat foods with high water content! And protein. Also drink tons of water!
  • balla8701
    balla8701 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Firstly check that 1320 is the appropriate calorie allowance for you ( it is quite low) and you are not setting too aggressive a goal

Perhaps if you share your stats on here (height, current weight, age,gender, activity level) we can advise on that

Secondly you may have to change your food choices to things less calorie dense and more satiating - as per answer above.
    Again, if you share what you are currently eating, we can offer more tangible suggestions.
    Firstly check that 1320 is the appropriate calorie allowance for you ( it is quite low) and you are not setting too aggressive a goal

Perhaps if you share your stats on here (height, current weight, age,gender, activity level) we can advise on that

Secondly you may have to change your food choices to things less calorie dense and more satiating - as per answer above.
    Again, if you share what you are currently eating, we can offer more tangible suggestions.

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Try to eat smaller portions but spread them out over 6-8 meals. If you are eating clean or sticking with a particular diet I would suggest a slight increase in calorie intake but just make sure you are adding more physical activity to burn it. Have you tried warm tea, coffee or even a warm broth? Sometimes when I really want to cut weight but I am constantly hungry I will make a huge pot of fresh chicken broth and freeze it in measured out portions. A cup will only have 15-20 calories and if you warm it up and sip it slowly it will make you feel full for 1-2 hours to get you through to your next meal. DON'T buy anything pre packaged and avoid the bouillon cubes because they will make you retain a TON of water and feel bloated. Bake a whole chicken and enjoy it. Keep all the bones and just add some carrots, garlic, celery, onions and water. Bring to boil then slow simmer for 8-10 hours. Strain everything out and measure out your servings and freeze. Best of luck, just stay focused!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    balla8701 wrote: »
    So I am determined to lose this weight I have put on my calorie intake is 1320 my third day and I’m so damn starving by the time I get off from work that I have bad headaches and ready to give up!!! What are some things I can eat or do that will make me feel full longer???

How much weight do you need to lose? What is your current weight?

What do you do in a day? (What job, caring for kids, retail, desk job?) How tall are you?
  • leopilot
    leopilot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try to walk...or workout...you will increase your daily calorie goal...so you can eat more
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options
    OP can you provide your personal stats as requested please.

Otherwise all posts are suggesting things without knowing if you are not even eating appropriate amount to start with
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybe u could start a week out at ur maintenance calories then do a week with ur calories set to lose .5 lb per week then the next week go down to 1 lb per week and keep lowering ur calories slowly so u will get used to eating lower calories.