Hey everyone, newbie(ish) looking for an accountability buddy

Options
alemhd
alemhd Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys,
I’m Ally from London UK. I have been using this app for ages but have never introduced myself. I would love to make a few connections on here and possibly some accountability buddies?

Replies

• erikajhuliana
    erikajhuliana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey im erika from nyc! Im also looking for accountability friend! I am a mom of a 2 year old and really wanna shed the extra pounds i gained!
  • alemhd
    Options
    Hey Erika, thanks for replying. I’d love to be your accountability friend! I would love to shed my extra pounds too... have you had an accountability friend before, not quite sure exactly how it will work but the extra motivation would be great
  • crazycassie
    crazycassie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im cassie se london uk
  • alemhd
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet(ish) you :smile:
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • mfavara5943
    mfavara5943 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yes I’d love to I need an accountability buddy too!!
  • Postgradgal
    Postgradgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just rejoined as well, no friends here! Lost 40 pounds with MFP a few years ago and gained half of it back, looking to reprioritize my health! Btw I am not “dieting” just trying to eat healthier, watch my portions, increase activity level, and keep it to 2,000 calories. So no crash dieting or food-shaming here! Please add me if you like!
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Would love to have someone to help with accountability!
  • elliz1507
    elliz1507 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, how did you get on with the accountability?

I'd love to set up an exercise 'call'. I know this sounds a bit crazy but I've been doing it for setting up my business and it's been great.

How it works: Everyone agrees a day/time when we can exercise. I'd probably be looking at 6am (UK time) on 3-4 weekdays, for example. Then we all hop on a call, say what we're going to do (30 min run / the Cardio day on Insanity / 'Upper Body' weights workout etc) and go and do it. Then we all come back on the call 50 mins later to check in and say how it went / congratulate ourselves / quickly discuss any issues.

It's ultimate accountability and might seem crazy but it really helps build good habits and I'd love to make that work for exercise as well as it has been working for the business side of things. Let me know if anyone is up for it. We'd need 3-5 people ideally.

Thanks,
    Ellie
  • roxannezunckel
    roxannezunckel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also want an accountability buddy, I'm a 24 student from South Africa. I've gained a bit of weight from stress at university and need to start eating cleaner.