Looking for help with accountability and motivation!

I'm Jen, I've been on the MFP app for almost a year and I've lost around 20 lbs. I've gone from yoga at home a few times a week to cardio videos and now the gym. My goal is to be strong and healthy regardless of the number on the scale, even if it does take me convincing myself it doesn't matter. I'm not doing any diet and I don't want to. I'd rather focus on what is best for my body.

I've done this almost completely alone and I'm realizing that I need more than my will to keep me on the right track. I'm happy to give the same accountability and motivation to some friends here.

A little about me:

I've spent most of my life battling mental illness, mostly depression. I've never learned how to eat healthily or how to exercise so I'm teaching myself. I'm reading books on nutrition and fitness including a book called "Roar" which explains the differences in fitness between men and women and how women can work with our physiology. The nutrition book I have but have yet to start is "The China Study" which is about a very lengthy study that was done about nutrition and diet and how it applies to our health. There's so much information available and I hope to find the best of it. Also I've got very little resources (money) to work with in my journey to becoming a better me.

I hope we can help each other!

Replies

• josharnold2498
    josharnold2498 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Jen, congrats on losing 20lbs so far. I understand having to go at it alone. I lost the bulk of my weight by working out myself and me being my only motivator. I'm down to my last 10lbs (hopefully) and finally convinced people to work out with me which I'm looking forward to cause having someone to help you and motivate you goes a long ways. Srry to hear about your depression but luckily working out and getting in shape helps boost confidence and positive feelings so it should help with that. Hope your journey goes well