Cheat Day!!!

Options
Alrighty so im doing a cheat but im wondering if it should be on a rest day or on a training day and if training do i do it post or preworkout. And if on a rest day, how many calories should i eat above maintainence

Replies

• SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i mean...its your cheat day if you instst it has to exist why do you care what we say you should do? Id say it shouldnt exist. Just eat whatever you want its your progress/ lack of progress. Calling a cheat doesnt negate the calories or fool your body. Calories are calories call them cheat or not. Id just eat what i wanted in a reasonable portion and drop the cheat mindset

Im trying to enjoy myself while monitering myself aka in moderation thats why im asking
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What are you cheating from/on?

??
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Alrighty so im doing a cheat but im wondering if it should be on a rest day or on a training day and if training do i do it post or preworkout. And if on a rest day, how many calories should i eat above maintainence

Sounds like a lot of rules for something that presumably is intended to be a break from the rules. ;) Why would a person deliberately aim to be above maintenance?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Alrighty so im doing a cheat but im wondering if it should be on a rest day or on a training day and if training do i do it post or preworkout.

Do it any time you want.

And if on a rest day, how many calories should i eat above maintainence

Why do you want to eat in a surplus calorie intake?

What is the purpose of your 'cheat" 'day'??
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm7 pounds from my goal weight...Since i started in january..i've never had a cheat day...but lost the entire time (33 pound loss so far) having a dinner out with hubby each week..including cocktails.

Right now...going to celebrate Cinco De Mayo tonight..gonna eat a #7 at my fav..mexican restaurant. i'll be down 2 pounds when i weigh Friday.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i mean...its your cheat day if you instst it has to exist why do you care what we say you should do? Id say it shouldnt exist. Just eat whatever you want its your progress/ lack of progress. Calling a cheat doesnt negate the calories or fool your body. Calories are calories call them cheat or not. Id just eat what i wanted in a reasonable portion and drop the cheat mindset

Im trying to enjoy myself while monitering myself aka in moderation thats why im asking

i do that every day.

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You are just spinning your wheels.

And making it FAR more complicated than it has to be. Eat what you like, at a reasonable deficit.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,879 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I cheat every 7 to 10 days (mostly when I'm out of town or traveling). But I do not do cheat DAYS. I do cheat meals. It is much easier to recover from a meal than an entire day. During this time I eat what I have been craving (including a dessert if eaten right after the cheat meal). This personally helps keep up my metabolism as well as keep up my spirit (mind and body). But I don't want to undue all my good work when I'm using my current eating habits as a diet/way to lose weight. So I keep it at one meal, usually dinner. So I begin my day with my usual "diet" breakfast (I don't know which type you are on, low fat, paleo, keto, atkins, low cal etc). My lunch is "diet". My snacks, if any, are "diet". My dinner is my "cheat". I just do not do it more than 2 to 3 times per month. All in all, it is a personal preference. Just don't do it often or you will be "spinning your wheels" as L1zard Queen said, in which I completely agree.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm7 pounds from my goal weight...Since i started in january..i've never had a cheat day...but lost the entire time (33 pound loss so far) having a dinner out with hubby each week..including cocktails.

Right now...going to celebrate Cinco De Mayo tonight..gonna eat a #7 at my fav..mexican restaurant. i'll be down 2 pounds when i weigh Friday.

So cheat days help fat loss?

No, they were saying they fit the foods they like into their calories all the time without cheating and lose weight as expected, including this week when they are fitting Cinco de Mayo into their calories :neutral: