Weight loss for IVF! Looking for supportive friends!

Options
Every weight loss journey is difficult but this time around for me there is extra pressure. My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility after a year of trying and tons of testing. Then a year of treatments followed and still no baby… We have now been told that IVF is our best option. Success rates are higher with lower BMIs….. so here I am.

Current goal is to lose 40 lbs and I’m already down 15! Feeling strong and motivated but the pounds are just sliding off right now and I know that won't always be the case.

Anyone willing to be a supporter and motivator during my journey?

Replies

• Fulanic
    Fulanic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My hope and prayers go out to you and your husband. I know you can lower your bmi not only for procreation but for your overall health. Keep up the progress and keep praying. Your faith will guide you and get you to your life's purpose.
  • MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was in a VERY similar situation. Though I was diagnosed with PCOS and doctors told me the only way for me to get pregnant was to lose weight. In 2014 I ended up losing about 110 pounds with diet, exercise, and MFP. I got pregnant VERY soon after! Had my son in December of 2015.

I've since gained back all the weight I lost and then some, so here I am again. This time, I'm not trying to get pregnant, just trying to get back to my pre-baby weight!

One of my biggest motivations for losing weight the first time was keeping in the back of my mind how badly I wanted to be a mommy. It sucked, the exercising, the dieting, the logging EVERY food I touched but everytime I look at my little dude I see just how worth it it all was!

You got this!!!!! You're already on to a GREAT start!!

I'll send baby dust your way <3
  • lcsnow21
    lcsnow21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too have unexplained infertility. While my BMI is barely over the healthy range, I still want to be in the best shape possible for IVF. Two failed IUIs and I've gained about 12 lbs. I would like to lose a total of 20 before I start IVF in the fall!
  • JBergman13
    JBergman13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been trying for almost 5 years. 3 Failed IUI's. During this difficult time depression got the best of me and I gained a lot of weight. We are considering IVF now, but I need to lose 50 pounds. Really hoping I can do this.
  • jonagolddreams
    jonagolddreams Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been there, diagnosed with unexplained infertility and going through treatment. I ended up getting pregnant eventually after I lost weight. I'm not trying now, but I'd be happy to cheer you on! I know how painful the whole process can be at times.
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to find you ladies! :smiley: We can do this!! <3
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am actually just starting the infertility appointments. I am seeing an NP on Tuesday. I know I need to lose weight as I have a very unhealthy BMI, and like you am using the baby idea as motivation. I hope you have success with IVF!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My daughter has undergone IVF for four years. Both she and her husband had issues and now she is 28 weeks pregnant. I have a good understanding of the emotional roller coaster she has been on and I log every day. I'll send you a friend request.
  • uvachic1215
    uvachic1215 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and did 3 IUIs that did not work. My wife and I are now moving to IVF. Our teaching/medication appointment is 7/20. I lost weight back in 2015 planning for pregnancy but then we decided to put it off and I gained back the weight once I stopped doing anything at all. So here I am working on it and wanting to keep going even if we do get pregnant. Good luck to everyone going through this process, it is not easy at all!
  • JBergman13
    JBergman13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been struggling with male factor infertility for 5 years. We have had 3 failed IUI's- we are now looking into IVF. Before we start- I want to be as healthy as I possibly can be. I am down 30 pounds- but still have another 20 to go. Please feel free to add me. I wouldn't wish infertility on my worst enemy. :(
  • scfarrant
    scfarrant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just found your post - hopefully not too late! My partner and I are also ttc for over two years, and now have our first IVF appointment in 3 weeks time. I absolutely know that they will bring up BMI / weight issues - so I'm trying to get ahead of that conversation by losing as much as I can prior to the appt. I'd also like to get to the healthiest weight that I can do prior to the first cycle course. My weight has been an uphill battle due to both feeling down from the lack of success ttc, and also a surgery for endometriosis in Spring. I wasn't able to exercise and didn't feel 'myself' for quite some time post-surgery.
  • LaurenToniC
    LaurenToniC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP as after our first infertility appointment this week.I was told unless I lose 22lb they won’t investigate if my Fallopian tubes are blocked ! (BMI needs to come down from 33 to 30) next appointment in January so I have got till then to hit my target ! Good luck on your journey ! Xx
  • clairebear2504
    clairebear2504 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, i have a 15 week old daughter from our first round of IVF. Losing the weight will absolutely help you with your journey I lost 3 stone to have our first cycle. I'm back losing weight so that we can transfer one our little frozen embryos in the new year. I'm happy to answer any questions about the process you might have. X
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. My husband and I have been ttc for almost two years. We have had one pregnancy and miscarriage. Now we are awaiting fertility treatments. Our consultation won't be for at least 6 months. In the meantime, I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs.
    I'd love to have support from others in a similar situation. Feel free to add me!