Need to get back on track

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
I've had 2 very bad days ! I had a bad day at work 2 days ago and because of that I ate all the wrong things....sweets, crisps , cakes etc.... at work there's always treats hanging around but Ive managed to resist them the last 3 months but not this day !
I was off yesterday but the bad eating continued....I've been here before ! It starts off as one or two bad days that turns into a year of bad eating :s
So, today I'm determined for this not to be day 3 of bad choices but day 1 of getting back on track !!!!
I'm going to log again and drink more water and make more good food choice than bad.
Wish me luck.....I feel my will power going and I need to get it back!! .....

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Relying on willpower and luck while being surrounded by tempting foods you call bad... It's a recipe for disaster.

When you're confident and well informed, and feel in charge of your food choices, there will be no more consistent overeating. If you have a track you want to be on, you'll stick to that.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Agree. Willpower is a limited resource. You can use it occasionally to get by rough spots, but you can run out of it and need time to rebuild.

You can get on track and stay on track by deciding one thing- from now on you log in your food no matter what it is. Calling something bad shouldn’t be a reason not to keep your diary going.

Keep logging through the rough spots and then go back and look at days when you go over your calories. You’ll see a lot of choices you made. Some will be helpful to meeting your goal of eating within your number, some not helpful.

Now you’re driving the train. Your program now depends on the quality of your plan and your decisions. When your plan doesn’t work for a given situation, make it better. Keep experimenting. Poor plans, lack of concentration,
    fatigue, even math mistakes- lots of ways to go over your number. But those are errors, missteps.
    No reason to ditch your entire program. Perfection isn’t required. Persistence is more helpful.

Last- I got away from the food at the office by becoming a germaphobe. One day I looked at the behavior of my coworkers around the food that was out. That did it.
  • WhiteWabbit13
    WhiteWabbit13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep repeating to yourself this is a choice, you are can eat anything you want but your choosing to be a healthy weight. Sounds silly but it works for me xxx
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks.....in the past I've relied on will power alone and I always went off track as will power fades.
    This time around, I'm more focused, I've a realistic target and I want it to be a lifestyle rather than a diet..... I have more personal reasons to succeed this time also.
    I hope I'm succeeding Cos I found it easier to get back on track today..... but I panicked yesterday....I've had the odd bad day this time around but not 2 in a row....I was afraid I was going down that slippery road again !
    Thanks whitewhabbit .... hoping to make more right choices going forward ;)