How to log in an out of control day?

JeanSmiles59
JeanSmiles59 Posts: 4 Member
I am finding this app very useful but would like to know how others log in a day when the calories are too numerous to count! Out of control eating, not really binge, but just a snack here, too much pizza, eating out....etc.. Do you skip the day on the tracker or log in big calorie count? I would like to know how to log this in and then get back on track. Thanks.

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    I log everything, even if I go over. I log as the day goes do I don't miss anything
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Either log it all and honestly and use that as a 'reality check'....one day of over indulgence won't make a big difference, but by recording it you are somewhat accountable

Alternatively, don't log at all and just start again the next day
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I would either try to log it, but if I'd had a day that I wasn't even thinking about what I was eating, I'd put a quick add of 3000-4000 calories (More so I'd see that and remember I had a day than for any kind of mathing on weight loss)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    I would log it. Use the "if every day was like today" number as motivation to keep those days in check going forward.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2018
    I try to log it or I use a quick add option. I pretty much know the difference between a 2000, 3000, and 4000 calorie day so I'll quick add one of them.

I do this because I need to see data. If you don't log it, your weekly calories are going to be way more off.

Just yesterday I was looking through my diary LAST year at this time to see when I started cutting for summer and how many calories I was eating. It was very helpful to have that data.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    I usually won't log it. I allow myself days like that occasionally, where I don't think about what I am logging. Not that I don't think about what I am eating but I just don't log it. Happens especially if I go out to eat. I'm not about to stress over one bad day a week or so. I may use the quick add feature, but usually I just skip it and consider it a cheat day
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I don’t log it all in detail, but I do log estimates calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I would log your best guesses at what you ate. It can be helpful to see. Sometimes it is not as bad as you think it is when you actually look at the numbers. It is also nice to have a record of high days so you can see if there is a pattern.
    Log it, learn from it, move on.
  • JeanSmiles59
    JeanSmiles59 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all SO much. Your thoughts and insights are really helpful as I begin this journey tracking my food. I want to be honest with myself, but it is hard to see the calories pile up in an out of control day. But, as many of you say, it can be a learning experience.