Sweet Tooth

Options
Does anyone else have a sweet tooth? It is truly what keeps me from losing the weight. I have cut down but not enough. I am at a high risk for type II diabetes (runs in my family).

If you have any suggestions on how to curb my sweet tooth, please let me know!!!

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Smart Ones desserts are great, and small portion/limited calories. Sometimes its just enough to satisfy without feeling guilty.

If you're able to cut sweets out of your diet for a while though, the cravings will subside.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Frankie......I am right there with you. I have always said that I wished my dentist could tell with one of my teeth is the sweet one, because I would honestly have him pull it. I have the worst sweet tooth. But I must say that when I get motivated to lose weight and don't give in to temptation the urge to eat sweets does subside. However, I do make sure that I have a fruit with at least 2 of my 3 meals a day. SO I think I am still sufficing my tooth but with health sweets rather than just empty calories. So I feel you paid and I say grab a piece of fruit. It's fun to shake it up and have all sorts of different fruits on hand for such occasion. Another go to snack I have here in my office is the fiber one 90 calorie brownies and bars. They are delicious!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Weight Watchers Smart Ones desserts are great, and small portion/limited calories. Sometimes its just enough to satisfy without feeling guilty.

If you're able to cut sweets out of your diet for a while though, the cravings will subside.

I am not lucky enough to have anything sweet in moderation. It's either nothing or give me the whole damn cake! So I eliminate all sweet things from my diet (of course I eat fruits and Fiber One bars occasionally) . If fruit doesn't do it for me, I chew sugarless gum - there are so many awesome flavors. Or I brush my teeth and it seems to help. I've been doing this now just over 3 weeks and I stopped craving the sweet stuff after about 6 days. I know you can overcome the cravings. Just stick with it!!! XOXO
  • Frankie3333
    Frankie3333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting back on my fruit so my sugar isn't so high but then I keep eating sweets. I'll try adding another piece of fruit back in. thanks!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the suggestion for fruit. Sometimes I also use honey in greek yogurt if I'm looking for something sweet and creamy. I'm also a huge chocoholic so I started buying 85% dark chocolate as an occasional treat. Since it's really good quality and extremely rich, one square usually satisfies my craving.
  • JazyVale
    JazyVale Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, what I do is that ones a week I eat what I really like (Sweet)
    Example: my custard with lots of pecans ,hot fudge, brownies,
    And cherry's... That's ones a week I really sit down and enjoy it like is
    No tommrw Lol no joke it help me stop my crave all week until the day is coming
    For my treat... Other things that help are watermelon , strawberrys, pineape and grapes ect..
    Ok that could work... In my period is really hard but in my regular days I can survive with cereal or 2piece of toast
    With nutella and panut butter( healthy Choice bread 2/ 70 cal :)
    Or like this other Gurls say weight watchers snacks!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I like the Fiber One bars, but they give me horrible, embarrassing gas...anyone else had this happen?

I've been curious about their new brownies, but am worried they'll have the same effect...not cool :(
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I get a little gassy, so I eat them occasionally and in the evening. But the girl I used to babysit would toot for hours!!! Her mother would send her to school with them -- poor girl!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    I get a little gassy, so I eat them occasionally and in the evening. But the girl I used to babysit would toot for hours!!! Her mother would send her to school with them -- poor girl!

My husband works with all men, and they make a game of it, eating them and doing "drive bys" on each other...ugh, BOYS!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Its preventing weightloss because you are going over on your calories?

Work them into your plan and you will be fine. I daily induldge in lots of sweets. Will never give up my junkfood, nor is there any reason to do so.