Keto

Options
Hi guys!

I Started a low carb/keto diet this week I've cut all sugar, bread/grains and just eating some veggies, meats, and cheese. for drinks I do coffee with cream (I really can't do the butter in my coffe or oil) or seltzer water, and just plain water, granted I am not counting the carbs I am really not eating anythng with reall carbs, but I havent really lost any weight this week and I can't think on the reason. Any of you have any ideas/ advise?

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? That's what is going to determine how much you lose/gain.

And it has been a week. That's really not long enough to tell anything.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    Cutting carbs doesn't make you lose weight. Eating less calories than you burn makes you lose weight.
  • jiggaguilar
    jiggaguilar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have to count the carbs. Just do it a day or two and you’ll see why. For example, one romaine heart is like 3g plus two tbspns of any mayo based kraft dressing is 4g , you’re knocking on halfway there with something u can barely call a salad (I actually love this, just sayin). It adds up FAST! Plus, if you don’t weigh stuff, just eyeball it, that tbspn we put on is actually two etc... just try counting carbs for two days, the water weight weight will come off and that’s a great kickstart.
  • jlb1181
    jlb1181 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting this diet tomorrow...