Any recommendations for a six pack?

Options
Ells_n_x
Ells_n_x Posts: 33 Member
Any good exercises or foods that help with getting a six pack? I am female and go on holiday in around 9 months so plenty of time and hope to do this properly without crash dieting. Atm my calorie intake is on 1,200. I can only make it to the gym 2/3 times a week and I am not too confident on the weight machines but can obviously ask for guidance.

Any good at home/simple gym exercises for six packs? I am a beginner so hope to start off less intense. Please leave your suggestions below and feel free to add me

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Reduce your calories to below the amount you burn.

Do some form of resistance training, look up be your own gym.

Hope your genetics are on your side.
  • jonathanthewlis
    jonathanthewlis Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Six pack is more about your diet than exercise, the muscle is there you just need to remove the fat to see it, so reduced calorie intake etc etc
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    This seems easier too attain! lol
    bp96kapyypx0.jpg
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    This seems easier too attain! lol
    bp96kapyypx0.jpg

I was about to recommend Carlsberg or Heineken but I'll just resort to liking your comment.

While never being able to find my own six-pack, what I heard is that it's made in the kitchen.
    1200 cals is the lowest it would be advisable to go, especially if you are exercising (vigorously?) 2-3 times a week. Then again, I don't know your stats.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In the end, abs are dependent on low enough BF% but genetics and muscle base as well. For example I have been lower BF a few times and while I looked pretty lean and had definition, I never had a 6-pack or anything like that. I don't have the muscle base for them and probably never will (as it is not my goal). I am also female so I know it is more difficult.

What are your stats? Do you still have weight to lose? If you are already lean and still can't see them, you likely have to build them up.

• sardelsa
    Options
    Six pack is more about your diet than exercise, the muscle is there you just need to remove the fat to see it, so reduced calorie intake etc etc

Not always. I have been almost underweight and still couldn't see them, once I built them up they were actually more visible at a higher weight and bodyfat.
  • jonathanthewlis
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Not always. I have been almost underweight and still couldn't see them, once I built them up they were actually more visible at a higher weight and bodyfat.

Well everyone is different so what works for you may work the lady that’s asked the question. I’ve reduced my body fat to around 10% and I got to my goal. So can only comment that way, hopefully she will get there
  • sardelsa
    Options

Well everyone is different so what works for you may work the lady that’s asked the question. I’ve reduced my body fat to around 10% and I got to my goal. So can only comment that way, hopefully she will get there

Congrats on your success!

You would be surprised how common it is for both male and female to get to goal or get really lean and still not have clear abs. I see it all the time in the Gaining/bodybuilding section.
  • JC_Reborn
    JC_Reborn Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The best exercise you can do to get one is hanging leg raises every other day.
    Lower your carbs too. Hope that helps
  • jonathanthewlis
    Options

Congrats on your success!

You would be surprised how common it is for both male and female to get to goal or get really lean and still not have clear abs. I see it all the time in the Gaining/bodybuilding section.

Yeah I’ll have to adjust my approach as I build again I’m sure! But if it was dead easy everyone would do it. Hope you achieve yours!