Keto diet

Options
Does anyone here live the Keto lifestyle

Replies

• jolonsdale09
    jolonsdale09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started. Two weeks in and feeling fantastic.
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i lost 17 lbs on keto but am now on low carb - reply if you're interested what i did to get there... best wishes
  • torismith001
    torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a concern with this diet. I’ve been on it for 10 days, I’m losing weight, I FEEL better. However, lately I’ve noticed that after I’ve ate all my meals, I have hardly eaten enough calories. My fitness pal keeps saying I am not eating enough but I’m just not hungry! I keep just wanting water or I’m still satisfied from breakfast and don’t eat till dinner. Is that ok?

• wianka7
    wianka7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am doing keto and IF
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have a concern with this diet. I’ve been on it for 10 days, I’m losing weight, I FEEL better. However, lately I’ve noticed that after I’ve ate all my meals, I have hardly eaten enough calories. My fitness pal keeps saying I am not eating enough but I’m just not hungry! I keep just wanting water or I’m still satisfied from breakfast and don’t eat till dinner. Is that ok?

In the short term it can take your body time to get used to digesting your new diet, but it's not good to undereat for more than a couple of days. You might want to tweak your macros to get in the cals your body needs. If tweaking doesn't help, it's possible keto just isn't the right diet for you.
  • altargreene85
    altargreene85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ive been on it for almost a week now. lost about 6 pounds already
  • kimny72
    Options
    ive been on it for almost a week now. lost about 6 pounds already

Just a heads up that you lose a lot of water weight when you first start low carb. You shouldn't expect to keep up that pace, so don't get discouraged. Once your body adjusts, you'll be losing weight based on your cal deficit.

Welcome and good luck!
  • torismith001
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

In the short term it can take your body time to get used to digesting your new diet, but it's not good to undereat for more than a couple of days. You might want to tweak your macros to get in the cals your body needs. If tweaking doesn't help, it's possible keto just isn't the right diet for you.

I think I know what you mean. Yesterday I was hungry enough to eat all my calories. I replaced some cheese with more veggies and that helped. Just gotta find a balance that works for you I guess. Thanks!
  • alxge56
    alxge56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keto diet is low carb and high fat diet and protein ; you will loose weight quicker but not a good idea.
    I follow low carbohydrate lots of vegetables; green salad, raw vegetables; lentils and beans cooked; fish and limit 150 gm of chicken or pork per day. You must walk or fitness train at least one hour or more. Walking is the best.
  • alxge56
    alxge56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Refer to CSIRO LOW CARB DIET book it is a very good reference.
  • kimny72
    Options
    alxge56 wrote: »
    Keto diet is low carb and high fat diet and protein ; you will loose weight quicker but not a good idea.
    I follow low carbohydrate lots of vegetables; green salad, raw vegetables; lentils and beans cooked; fish and limit 150 gm of chicken or pork per day. You must walk or fitness train at least one hour or more. Walking is the best.

While this may have worked for you, none of it is necessary. Regardless of macros, a calorie deficit is what determines weight loss. And while walking is a great idea, you don't have to. People who are sedentary or even wheelchair bound are able to lose weight fine.
  • torismith001
    Options
    I guess it all depends on the person
  • Eric23185
    Eric23185 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for about a week. I am 6' 2" 208lbs. By allowing a 1900cal a day diet and limiting to 40g carbs I have already lost 3 lbs.