dieting alone in tennessee

Options
So I am a week into this thing, and I have to tell you it is not easy. I have lost 7 pounds, but all I want to do it eat junk. The problem is my husband is thin and can eat whatever he wants, so we have cookies and candy and crap all in the house. I would like to make some friends on here so I can see their success and know that I am not alone. I try to diet with friends here, but I am a waitress, so falling off the wagon is too easy for most. I am doing my best here, but would love a little support now and again. I am 27 and would love some women to friend me and help me out. Thanks!

Replies

• paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tennessee too. Inbox me if you wanna chat.
  • bcatalano89
    Options
    I know how you feel, everyone in my family loves to eat, and eat junk, so its all over the house. Very tempting but we must not give in!!! I also work at the small cafe type of place and being around all that food is also a tough deal. I joined because i needed more of a support system and you will definitely get it here. Keep it up and good luck!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas but you can add me!!!!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would love to befriend you and help show support. I started my current weight loss journey at 182 and currently and sitting at 162. My husband also is one who can eat whatever and it does not affect him. If he does happen to gain anything he can spend a day or two in the gym and all is gone!!!! Grrrr...when I have to work for months at a time. :( If you would like please send me a friend request. :)
  • newmeby40
    newmeby40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this morning. Great job on your weight loss so far. I have been trying to loss weight since Febuary and so far I have lost 26 pounds and I have been suck at my current weight for about 6 weeks now and it is getting old...I would love to give you support and get some back too : )

Mabe try to cut back on the things you buy for your husband as well or only get him the single size bags of chips, cookies etc....even though he is skinny all that stuff is not good for him either. Just a thought.
    10260113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Men! Why can't women have the same glorious metabolism that they do? Grrr!! You aren't alone; we are all here for support!
  • ssnichole987
    ssnichole987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tennessee too and I'm right there with you! So many temptations and will power isn't always easy to come by... but we CAN do it! :)
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm not too far from you; I live in Georgia, GO DAWGS! LOL! Sorry, I just had to throw that in there. HEEHEE!

Dieting alone does su**!!!! But, as long as you have MFP friends, you are NEVER alone. It's a life LONG journey, but, I'm right there w/ ya. I sent you a friend request. =)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    you're not alone. you've got all of us. :)
  • julzmm
    julzmm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You really are not alone! im in Scotland and all I want to do is eat junk! I stand in the little shop at work and just look at all those chocolate bars that are saying eat me eat me! You can do it. I have a 12 year old that is always hungry and looking for snacks to eat! Ive just bought lots of low fat yogurts for him or its a slice of toast. When your shopping, try a week without buying any of the junk, they will soon get used to it - lots of bananas too lol!
    My other half will turn into a banana soon!

Julz
  • matticrew
    Options
    I'm in New Hampshire.. but when I graduate my dream is to move to Tennesse and go to a College in Knoxville.

I am here for you. Dieting is hard (trust me I know) but we can do this together.
    feel free to add me :)