Low carb protein drinks & Pre-workout drinks

Options
Have any suggestions for low carb protein drinks after a work out (or as a quick meal)?

How about pre-workout drinks? I've tried FULL BLOWN EXTREME by Max Muscle but it has 17 carbs in it. Any feedback on N.O. Explode? Sometimes you need that extra boost!

Replies

• shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate, I buy it at walmart. has only 2 carbs a serving. I get the vanilla, its easy to add/change the flavor if you want.

Or if you want something already made, I get the 4 pack of atkins shakes. they come in so many flavors now. they are very good!
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have tried NO Xplode more than once but it always makes me feel sick to my stomach!!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like the "Eat good feel great" pure protein shake mix, 25 grams of protein and 3 carbs.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend takes N.O. Explode regularly and I've tried it twice now, too. I really like it, but I took it this morning and then had a "fit test" done as I just started with a new trainer and my heart rate was REALLY high. I wouldn't use it if you're doing cardio, but I do think it helped me lift more!
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Interested to see responses
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I really like the Myoplex and Myoplex lite. I use them post workouts to help build muscle.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use Precision Engineered - Whey Protein Powder after my workouts. It is 100 calories a scoop (so not a meal replacement) and only 2 carbs. It doesn't taste amazing, but it also isn't disgusting. But, it definitely helps to build lean muscle after a workout. :)
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I like the "Eat good feel great" pure protein shake mix, 25 grams of protein and 3 carbs.

I just tried these as well and liked them. Chocolate & vanilla.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    As long as they're a big brand due to performance instead of advertising, the whey proteins are all low carb.

For low carb pre-workout, have you tried coffee?

If you're low carbing, doesn't all these caffeine drinks mess up ketosis?

For my pre-workout, I have 20g of protein, BCAA caps and creatine caps. I don't have caffeine very much, so I can only have it first thing in the morning. This rules out most pre-workout formulas for my evening workouts.