Higher Calorie Healthy Foods

Options
I have a friend that is doing this along side me....she has a hard time getting in enough calories at times but she wants to eat healthy.

What are some Higher Calorie but Healthy Food choices?

Thanks!

Replies

• mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have that problem too! Usually I will eat a whole can of tuna with light mayo and relish. It's only 100 calories but low in carbs, high in protein. You can add some more calories by eating it with some whole grain crackers!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    nuts are the way to go! high cals, healthy fats.. granola, cheese, unsweetened dried fruits, peanut butter - all good options!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fruit? Grapes, bananas, etc.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    Nuts. Avocados. :)
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Avocados. :)

Thts what I was gonna say too!!
  • kmganz
    kmganz Posts: 16
    Options
    Try peanut butter on celery or with an apple, nuts, string cheese, stuff like that. Usually best to make sure it's lower carb - so avoid the breads/rice/pasta stuff. I also really like cottage cheese with some Mrs. Dash-like seasoning and almonds or sunflower seeds thrown in for crunch!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    My favorite snack is a quarter cup of walnuts and a third cup of Craisins. It's about 300 calories (give or take) and it's such a good combination.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others--nuts and peanut butter! You might also consider adding protein powder into your diet. I used to add a scoop of vanilla soy protein powder to my oatmeal or cereal and milk. Or of course just put the protein powder in the milk for a tasty, healthy treat :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    That is a problem I would like to have.