Need a little help with high protein diet etc

Options
I have loss a lot of weight with hypermis and now need physio as I have muscle weekness in my glutes and abdominal areas with nerve pain I want to build up my muscle mass in theses ares and lose some more weight and one got any or experience

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you need to lose?
    Approximate body fat%?
    Body weight?
    Current resistance training?
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can try doing what I'm doing. Set all your goals in MFP, set it to gain 0.5 lbs per week. I have protein set at 40%, Fat 35%, Carbs 25%. The reason i have protein at 40%, is so I can hit 1G Protein per lb of body weight.

Eat Beef, Chicken, Tuna, Fish, Bison, Protein Powder, and more. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time and see how you are doing after a month or two.
  • MrSmooth2017
    MrSmooth2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You might be best starting with just setting your calories, then working out your protein (ie 1.5 to 2g per kilo body weight) and then doing what you want with fat and carbs. It doesn't really matter what you do with those as long as your calories and protein targets are met. Makes it much simpler to stick to. I find on days that I'm not going to hit the protein, shakes are best to top up. Fats and carbs are all down to preference and you can start to change those around later to see what works best for you.