Looking For Friends for Support and Motivation!

Options
I've been doing this for a little over a month and I'm finding that I really want more friends on here to be able to find/give support. Some days I just really need to know I"m not the only one struggling! I'm 25 and looking to lose about 30 lbs to get back to my pre-stress freak out weight, but I'm not looking to just lose the weight - I'm looking for a lifestyle change so that I don't have to keep doing this. Feel free to add me and lets get healthy and create new and better habits!

Replies

• AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I added you. I am new and quickly finding that having people here support me is making all the difference. :) I think it is great that you are not just looking to diet but a whole lifestyle change. Take it from someone who previously lost a ton of weight dieting, it comes back if you don't make over your entire way of thinking. You are already ahead of the game.
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with Puddles...this needs to be viewed as a lifestyle change, so you are on the right track. I am trying to do that myself (some days are harder than others) simply because I've always had weight /eating issues, and as I get older they don't get any easier! It does help to have people on here to keep you accountable and to give you a supportive word here and there. Please feel free to add me! :D
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    HELLO! I am also looking for more support friends. I have been using the online support for only a few days now but from what i see, i really think it will help me. being able to talk to other people going through the same/similar situation is really helpful and motivating! I am 26. I have about 80 pounds i would ideally like to lose. i have tried a dozen times before, but never with support from people in the same boat! i am definitely excited this time around!!! :-)
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well, feel free to add me.
    Changing your lifestyle can be a long process, and having support is so very important!

I'm looking to lose somewhere around 20 to 30 lbs as well, and get my strength/flexibility back.
  • TonyaBrandt
    TonyaBrandt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am adding you. I have tried to get some local friends to track with me but no one sticks with it. Friends have access to my food journal so please look at it and call me out when I don't record or go astray!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a great supporter but I too would like someone to return the favor. Many of by buddies have stopped lending suport (I don't know if they just have too many friends that they cannot see all the posts) so I would appreicate the support as well. Please add me to your friend list if you would like to work together! I started in April and I have lost 26 pounds so far.

I have not been able to workout lately because I am recovering from surgery, so I'm sure I would have already met my goal by now :-( Let's do this!!!
  • ssnichole987
    ssnichole987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I hope I added everyone, if I missed you, add me! I'm looking forward to finding support and being able to help everyone else out when I can too! Let's do this! :)
  • TonyaBrandt
    Options
    I too am looking for more support and accountability. I added you as a friend.
  • TonyaBrandt
    Options
    Let's do this together! I am adding you as a friend.